Cucumber, Tomato, Onion Salad with Avocado
Please note that all proportions are merely suggestions in this recipe. It depends on what you have on hand and if you like a certain ingredient more or less.
- 8 cups cherry tomatoes sliced into halves
- 1-2 depending on your preference English cucumber(s), chopped into thin crescent-shaped pieces (If using regular cucumbers, slice the cucumber in half the full length of the cucumber and seed it by scrapping the center with a spoon.) You'll want 2-4 cups of sliced cucumbers in the end, depending on your individual taste.
- 1-2 sweet onions sliced thinly and then chopped.
- 1 seeded and diced jalapeno pepper or two if you like it really spicy!
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 T light olive oil
- Juice of one lemon or lime if you prefer
- Salt and pepper to taste and with all those tomatoes and cucumbers, it's more than you think!
- 1-2 avocados I toss salad with one, cubed, and then place more atop each serving
Combine everything and let sit for at least 10 minutes. Taste to see if you have enough salt and pepper or if you want more lemon juice. If you have extra herbs at home (mint, cilantro, basil, dill) do not hesitate to chop them all up and toss in as well! Toss in cubed avocado and add some more atop each serving, or if you prefer, just top each serving with avocado.
Rate it above to let us know how it was!