Peach Tomato Summer Salad
When summer vegetables are at their peak, this is a delicious way to combine flavors. Serve as a side with pork, seafood or burgers ... or on its own as a delicious vegetarian dish perfect for hot weather. This makes enough for 4 large servings or 8 smaller ones.
- 3 peaches chopped
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes approx one quart, chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion diced
- Corn cut from one ear
- 1/3 cup fresh basil rolled and cut into ribbons and then cut into smaller pieces
- 1.5 teaspoons kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon high-quality red balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
Combine all ingredients from peaches to pecans, leaving a little bit of basil for garnish.
Combine in a small bowl the olive oil, vinegar and honey to make the dressing.
Mix dressing with the chopped vegetables and fruit.
Taste to see if you prefer more salt or pepper.
Top with goat cheese and basil garnish.
Rate it above to let us know how it was!