Hot Buttered Rum
This delicious and comforting cocktail is your cure for the winter blues.
- 1/2 lb. softened butter
- 1/2 lb. light brown sugar
- 1/2 lb. confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Dark spiced rum bourbon, or any barrel-aged spirit for serving
- Cinnamon sticks for serving optional
- Whipped cream for serving optional
Beat together the butter, brown sugar, confectioners sugar, and cinnamon until light and fluffy. Fold in the ice cream and freeze until firm.
Serve in mugs or heat-proof glasses with 3 tablespoons of the frozen "hot butter" and 1 shot (or to taste) of booze per cup. Top with hot water, and add a cinnamon stick and whipped cream if desired.
Rate it above to let us know how it was!