After years of smoky eyes and nude lips, beauty trends are heading in another direction with bolder lips and more natural eyes. That’s not to say that a smoky eye is totally out, but much like the rest of fashion, now there are more looks to choose from…
I stopped by Woo Skincare + Cosmetics, one of our October sponsors, to see what the gals there were liking best this season. Here’s what I came away with:
Top 5 Beauty Trends for Fall 2010:
1) Dark Lips: whether it is red or plum, be sure to find your perfect darker shade to reach for as the weather cools. My favorite plum is by FRESH and my favorite reds are found in a Kaleidoscope Layered Lip Kit by Le Metier de Beaute.
2) Lipstick: it takes the crown from Lip Gloss. We’ve all been hearing that lipstick is back, but I’ll admit that I’m fighting this one. One way I’m working into this look is to blot my lipstick and then layer my Burts Bees lip balm on top. But, for a truly hydrating lip balm/lipstick/lip gloss all rolled into one, check out the Creamy Lip Colors by Bobbi Brown. I have one of these and they are a great hybrid product to ease you back into the lipstick world!
3) Eyelashes: with all the lash-growing products out there, of course women are going to want to flaunt them! If you have yet to embrace these lash growing products (and I am part of that group), I wanted to tell you about the newest thing to tempt me into that arena: Line N Grow. It’s a highly pigmented liquid liner that contains all those growth ingredients for lashes. I love products that work double duty. With a variety of colors to choose from, I’m heavily considering trying out this product. Apparently it is also being used as a “daytime” boost to Lastisse and Neu Lash.
4) Gold Eye Shadow: I’ve seen this trend in all the magazines, gold shadow is the Fall 2010’s answer to eyelid color. It pairs very well with dark lips and comes in everything from matte gold, to shimmery, to all out glittery. There are so many different colors of gold this season that finding one to work with your coloring has never been easier. The following colors are both by Bobbi Brown:
5) Nail Color: nail color is always the fastest and cheapest way to accessorize your seasonal outfit. Want dark plum, red, or teal? How about glittery gold? Lori Boysen at Woo can whip your nails into shape with colors by Deborah Lipmann. (She’s been credited with doing Nicole Kidman’s and Jennifer Jason Leigh’s nails – so you know she’s really good!). These colors all scream sophistication, even if the color is teal. How do they do that? Speaking of teal, theirs is called Don’t Tell Mama and it my next choice for my pedicure. I can’t wait to see it paired with my peep toed brown boots!
For more details on Woo’s free microderm with any booking of a facial during the week of Oct. 4th, see THIS WEEK. Starting next week, Woo will be offering a variety of products at 20% off throughout the month, so be sure to continue to check the THIS WEEK section of SBP all month long!