Chef Kristin Beringson, Silo
“My family is from the Midwest, and we love our wild rice,” Chef Beringson tells us. This family recipe features meat and mushrooms, to elevate the rice.
- Veal and pork steak
- 1 cup celery
- 3/4 cup onions
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 2 cans mushroom soup
- 1 cup wild rice
- Brown meat with celery and onions.
- Thin mushroom soup with chicken broth and add to meat.
- Add mushrooms and well-washed rice, bake in covered casserole (buttered) for 1 hour.
- Remove, uncover and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Dot with butter and brown.
Find more holiday recipes from local chefs here!