Dressing for holiday parties is hard—there is the casual party, the cocktail party and everything in between. And, sometimes you are party hopping, so you need things that work for all. Hopefully today’s post will help out by showing you how to take a few items and make them work for any invitation that comes your way.
I like how Tina Adams says that holiday dressing is just like vacation packing: pick items that are multi-purposeful–have fewer things, but items you can get lots of mileage from. With that philosophy, I asked Tina to run all over town, during this oh-so-slow time of year (I mean really, aren’t you just trying to think of ways to fill your time these days?!) and pick out just 7 items that could work for a variety of outfits and thus take any holiday party angst away.
Tina went with a black and navy theme. When putting together a core wardrobe, sticking to a color scheme will allow you to expand your options without expanding your purchasing. You’ll get more “wears per purchase” which is how we should all be judging the cost of each item. Tina hammered this home while she styled these outfits for us earlier this week.
**Yes, I know these are iPhone photos in an ugly office without the best lighting. Sometimes I wish we were a magazine, with a huge staff and photographers at our beck and call. But, hey, at the end of the day, we just want to give good information that makes life a little easier. So, please forgive the lack of models and ambiance of these photos!**
Here is the low down on what I learned from Tina (all clothing and accessories are listed at the end with prices, store name and website):
Counting up, it looks like we have TEN full outfits with these seven articles of clothing. FABULOUS!
Resources and Prices
- Leona: Navy Blouse: $211; Brown w/ Navy Dress: $303 www.leonacollection.com
- Gus Mayer: Black “Cluny” Skirt: $188; Fur Vest by Belle Face $275 www.gusmayer.com
- Posh: Aryn K Blazer: $130; Hudson Snakeskin Jeans: $220 www.poshonline.com
- J McLaughlin: “Betty” Blouse (there are several colors in this “Betty” cut) $175. www.jmclaughlin.com
- Elaine Turner: Jayden Black Suede Boot, $395 www.elaineturner.com
- J McLaughlin: Gold “Kelly” Clutch www.jmclaughlin.com
- Posh: Chevron Bracelet: $12; Seychelles Black Flats: $96; Pelle Moda Strappy Sandal: $97 www.poshonline.com
- Leona: Gold Tassel Earrings: $28 www.leonacollection.com
Tina Adams Wardrobe Consulting has cleaned out closets throughout the South, making both men and women happy with their wardrobes while saving countless dollars and time by ensuring clients never buy anything but perfection, no matter their budget. Tina and her team of wardrobe consultants bring honesty and expertise to each appointment ensuring you always have a closet filled with endless options to wear, all of which reflect your individual personality and flatter your specific body type.