Vegan Creamed Corn
Owner Jennifer Masley, EiO & THE HIVE
Vegans rejoice! This recipe is just for you. Not only is this dish vegan, it is full of flavor and spice. Almond milk cream cheese gives it the creaminess needed in cream corn, while the jalapeños and chili powder introduce spice.
- 8 ears of fresh corn, boiled and cut from the cob
- 1 stick of Earth Balance butter
- 8 ounces Kite Hill almond milk, cream cheese
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 2 whole jalapeños seeded and chopped
- Black pepper to taste
- Chili powder
- Bring butter, cream cheese and coconut milk to a slow simmer, fold in jalapeños and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Add corn and black pepper, simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add additional coconut milk for desired consistency.
- Top with a pinch of chili powder before serving.
Find more holiday recipes from local chefs here!