Sweet Potato, Apple & Smoked Gouda Gratin
Owner Katie Nelson, Wild Iris
This gratin is the perfect side dish to accompany any holiday entree. The savory flavors of shallots and smoked gouda complement the sweetness of the sweet potatoes and apples. The end result is nothing short of delicious.
- 10 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced in 1/4-inch rounds
- 10 apples, peeled and cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 2 shallots, small dice
- 2 cups smoked gouda, shredded
- 1/2 qt heavy cream
- Saute shallots until translucent. Add cream and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer.
- Mix sweet potatoes and apples in a large mixing bowl.
- Add cream/shallot mixture to mixing bowl.
- Add the smoked gouda.
- Divide mixture between two large greased casserole bakers.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees F for 45-50 minutes, uncovered for 15-20 minutes
Find more holiday recipes from local chefs here!