Rack of Lamb with Beet Green and Mint Pistou
Owner Kris Furniss, Caviar & Bananas
While we typically roast our lamb with rosemary, we are intrigued by the addition of beet green and mint pistou. From the Caviar & Banana’s holiday menu, this lamb is one of Kris’ favorite holiday dishes — and we can see why!
- 1 quart beet greens (leaves cleaned and chopped)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups mint leaves
- 2 cups blended oil
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- Let lamb get to room temperature.
- Heat oven to 450º.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add lamb, fat side down, and cook, using tongs to flip and sear the bottom and sides of the rack, until browned, about 10 minutes. Turn lamb fat side up in the skillet and transfer to oven.
- Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into center of the meat reads 130 degrees for medium rare, about 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing into chops and serving.
- Put all ingredients in the blender and pulse until pesto texture is reached, put in the proper container, label, date and refrigerate.
- Let pistou get to room temp before serving .
- *If you cannot find beet greens, you can substitute Swiss chard.
Find more holiday recipes from local chefs here!