California Closets. It’s an iconic household name. They’re the best of the best in home organization and compartmentalization design. You might also know the name Martha Stewart. These two home décor pioneers have collaboratively created the company’s first-ever modular collection — and Nashville was one of the first places to see it! Earlier in March, a group of industry and media leaders gathered at the gorgeous 505 luxury high-rise apartment building for the unveiling of this new California Closets system.
In the wake of the horrific tornado devastation in Nashville, however, one of the key announcements at the event was that, for the month of March, 10% of Martha Stewart + California Closets Everyday Systems sales will be donated to the tornado relief efforts through Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee. Many attendees also showed up with donations for the America Red Cross that were delivered to their Charlotte Avenue location after the event.
We share highlights from remarks made at the launch by owner Kurt Schusterman, president of California Closets of Tennessee — plus the ins and out of this new compartment of California Closets. “With all the turmoil going on in the world, know we are honored to have you with us today,” Kurt began. “Hopefully, we can take a moment to enjoy each other’s company and learn about something fun and revolutionary that is changing our industry: the new Martha Stewart + California Closets Everyday System.”
“Designing better lives is our mission. We aren’t just installing closets, garages, pantries and Murphy Beds,” Kurt remarked. “Responding to client feedback and demand, we create this portable system. And, the icing on the cake is we collaborated with The Home Lifestyle Expert, Martha Stewart.” So what’s unique and game-changing about these new California Closet systems? Here’s what they revealed during the launch:
- It’s California Closets’s first-ever line of customizable organizational solutions for the entire home designed in collaboration with Martha Stewart.
- We think of it as Modern. Modular. Organization. For Everyone and Every Space.
- This product truly combines our industry-leading expertise with Martha’s distinguished style, and reflects the level of quality we both expect.
- Our product is differentiated by its modern, metal-and-wood design and proprietary Hidden Track System. (It’s seamlessly adjustable without looking adjustable!)
- The system has eco-friendly finishes such as Perry St. White Woodgrain and Bedford Grey Woodgrain, along with graphite and gold metal accent colors, all draw inspiration from Martha’s personal homes.
- Additionally, notice distinctive features like soft-close drawers and textural metal-mesh cabinet door inserts allow clothing to breathe and are expertly designed to Martha’s specifications.
- The Everyday System is easily installed and can be moved from room to room — or home to home — and can be customized to provide added storage and accommodate customers’ changing needs over time.
- Customers can install the product on their own or select California Closets’ professional installation services.
Complementing the brand’s core business of high-end, built-in storage design, The Everyday System allows California Closets to reach a broader segment of customers — people who are renting or who might be looking for accessible, installed organizational solutions that they can modify or relocate themselves easily. Nashville’s stylish, on-the-go population of innovative professionals seems the perfect demographic for this launch. And the party-goers agreed! Throughout the evening, guests delved into the new system themselves throughout two beautiful units on display on the 24th floor of Nashville’s poshest apartment building.
If you missed this event, check out the Martha Stewart + California Closets Everyday System online HERE or visit their production facility and showroom at 420 Cool Springs Blvd Suite 125, Franklin, TN 37067. Thanks to Geinger Hill for the fabulous photos.
Give your inbox the Southern makeover it deserves! Subscribe to our daily emails HERE!