Christie Cookie Co. Ice Cream Sandwiches
Marketing Manager Caroline Sloan, Christie Cookie Co.
Yes, ice cream sandwiches are delicious year-round. “With a soon-to-be 3-year-old and another one on the way, I love making fun holiday recipes that can get your kids involved,” Caroline tells us. “Cookie decorating has always been a family holiday tradition, and I love taking this one step forward by creating holiday ice cream sandwiches. They are an easy and fun way to involve your kids, and the different combinations are limitless! Our household’s personal favorite is using Christie Cookie sugar cookies and vanilla ice cream with crushed peppermint. You can switch up the many Christie Cookie flavors, ice cream and holiday sprinkles.”
Other combinations to try: chocolate chip cookies with vanilla ice cream rolled in crushed peppermint candies, sugar cookies with vanilla ice cream rolled in crushed peppermint candies, snickerdoodle cookies with vanilla ice cream rolled in green and red sprinkles, sugar cookies with mint ice cream rolled in red and green M&M’s and ginger molasses cookies with bourbon ice cream.
- Christie Cookie Co. cookie dough
- Ice cream
- Heat oven to 350°F. Shape cookie dough and place cookie dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
- Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Place a scoop of any ice cream flavor between your two favorite Christie Cookies.
- Roll outer edge of ice cream in peppermint or holiday sprinkles.
- Quickly wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap.
- Freeze about 3 hours or until firm.
Find more holiday recipes from local chefs here!