Guenievre Milliner, Little Gourmand
Ratatouille is a holiday go-to for Guenievre. “Meals are usually ‘heavy’ and this is a great way for everyone to eat their vegetables,” she tells us. “Plus, it’s very easily done and can be made in advance, the more it cooks, the better it is. Leftovers can also be used in a quiche or frittata for brunch.”
- 3 lb tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 onion
- 3 red or yellow bell pepper
- 2 lbs zucchini
- Salt and pepper
- Herbs from Provence
- 2 to 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Prep the vegetables: wash all vegetables, cut the eggplants into cubes, cut the tomatoes in quarters, then in halves, seed and chop the peppers, cut the zucchini lengthwise and then in 1-inch slices, slice the onion thinly, crush the garlic.
- Sprinkle zucchini and eggplant with salt, put them in a colander and let sit for about 15 minutes.
- Pat them dry with paper towel.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil, sauté the onion until translucent.
- Add bell pepper and eggplant, season with salt and cook over low heat for about 5 minutes
- Add zucchini, season again with salt, and cook over low heat for 5 minutes
- Add tomatoes and garlic, generously sprinkle with herbs from Provence, cover and
- cook over low heat for an extra 30 minutes
Find more holiday recipes from local chefs here!