A rare 5th post this week as a holiday weekend treat. Go buy this Southern Accents issue whether you are traveling or planning to stay home. You will love it!
You know I’m just a mess over the fact that Southern Accents is ceasing publication. I have heard rumors that this may be temporary. Pray it be true! But, their final issue is on newsstands now. I felt like each article was written just for me as I fully read each page beginning to end.
Here are all my many reasons for loving the last issue:
- From the start, the letter from the editor is spot on. She lists her favorite interior design books that are being published this fall. This is a great resource to find a gift for a dear friend, or yourself.
- The interview with Birmingham designer Mary Evelyn McKee is a course in itself. If you want to learn great style, read this interview.
- The color pumpkin is passionately exulted. I’m a neutral girl with a softness for orange. Bring it on….
- Who doesn’t love Dahlias?
- I’m now planning a trip to Florence, Alabama. Florence was always just a sign on 65 South on my way to Birmingham. Now, a stop is assured.
- The supper club photographed for the Entertaining section has me longing for a supper club of my own that can be together for the 20 years that the featured one has been. The recipes are keepers.
- The articles on Austin and Dallas make me want to visit old friends. The sky is just bigger in Texas!
- A call out to my home state Virginia. Writer Logan Ward, fellow Vanderbilt grad, is a contributing author this month. He opens up about his experience writing See You in a Hundred Years while living in Staunton, Virginia.
- Cashiers. Western NC is my centering place. My rejuvenation. This FABULOUS Cashiers home is featured in Southern Accents. My dear friend Mary has been in this home and she says it is breathtaking.
- Baltimore renovation by Nashville architect Ray Booth, of McAlpine, Booth & Ferrier. This struck me as a funny merger of MD/Nashville as I was packing to move to Baltimore not two months ago. The design is beautiful. I love historic homes.
- Even the ads are wonderful. Be sure to check out the gold and turquoise jewelry featured by Elizabeth Showers at Fiskin & Fiskin jewelers!
I hope you go out today and buy this issue and spend the Holiday weekend enjoying and savoring it. Be safe, relax, have fun……-Liza