Husk suffered a fire this past week and while they work to re-open as soon as possible, Two Ten Jack is spearheading a fundraising effort for the hourly kitchen and serving/bartending staff at Husk. More local businesses are getting involved, each giving a percentage of sales to this effort. We encourage anyone reading to eat out and shop local with intention this week, knowing that your money can help out!
In the words of Jessica Benefield (Chef/Partner at Two Ten Jack Nashville and Chattanooga):
“These great folks will likely be out of work for at least a week, unexpectedly, which can wreak havoc on your life, as many of us sadly know. Two Ten Jack has pledged to donate 5% of our sales to help supplement their lost income on Monday 9/12. Our serving and bartending staff will be donating 10% of their own tips and we will be giving away $10 gift cards with every $20 donation made and are VERY excited to feel connected to, and help support, our extended restaurant family!”
Others businesses participating in raising money for the Husk staff include*:
*We will be updating this list as we learn of more businesses participating. Check back as the list grows.
- Epice will donate 5% of their sales Tuesday through Thursday (September 12 – 14)
- Tinwings is donating 5% of their Wednesday, September 14, sales (their busiest day of the week!)
- Batch is donating 5% of their Friday, September 16, sales!
- Miel is having a Porchetta & Spanish Wine Dinner on September 18, 2016 and will donate $5 of each ticket sold to the Husk staff fund. This dinner is from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. You must call Miel to purchase your ticket and reserve your space. $60/person | (615) 298-3663
- Miel is also having an Industry Night (after the Porchetta dinner just mentioned) with an industry-only Porchetta dinner and cash bar on the patio and in the Miel Barn. Dinner tickets for Industry Night are $25. $5 from each of these ticket sales will also be donated to the Husk staff fund. 9:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. September 18, 2016. | (615) 298-3663
- The Wine Shoppe in Green Hills has an event this Wednesday, September 14, 2016 (Rioja + Paella) of which they will be donating the $5 entry fee to the Husk staff.
- Wild Eggs in downtown Nashville will be accepting donations for Husk employees. For each $15 donation, customers will be given a $10 gift card from Wild Eggs! This runs September 12 and 13.
- Vui’s Kitchen will be donating 10% of their dinner sales on Tuesday night, September 13, to the Husk employees.
- juice. Nashville will donate 5% of their sales, from both of their locations, on Monday, September 12, 2016
- Two Ten Jack is spearheading this fundraising effort and will donate 5% of sales on Monday, September 12, 2016. Additionally, their serving and bartending staff will donate 10% of their own tips. AND, if you make a straight $20 donation, you will get a $10 gift card!
- Sinema will donate 5% of sales from Monday’s dinner service (September 12).
- Arnold’s Country Kitchen is donating 5% of sales from September 12.
- City Winery is donating 5% of sales from September 12.
- Parnassus Books in Green Hills will be donating 5% of their in-store sales on Monday, September 12, 2016
- Green Hills Grille will donate 5% of Monday’s dinner sales!
Restaurants feeding the Husk employees this week and donating money!
- Little Mosko’s has offered to feed all the employees breakfast this week.
- The Grilled Cheeserie Truck is planning to feed the staff for free later in week as they will have several long days prepping to get open after being closed for a whole week.
- Silo: Calling all Husk employees! Bring your most recent pay stub (September) to Silo during their Happy Hour this week (4 – 6 p.m.) and you can have anything off the bar menu (including 1/2 bacon cheeseburger and hot chicken!) for free, courtesy of Silo. Eat up!
- Blue Moon is writing a check, not dependent on sales, to help the Husk folks out!
- Uber is donating $50 ride vouchers to all Husk employees
Let’s help this effort out … share this on FB, etc below!