Creamed Corn with Rosemary and Turmeric
Margaret Furniss, Caviar & Bananas
Margaret took her pick of fall favorites on Caviar & Bananas‘ holiday menu, and creamed corn was the lucky winner. This take on creamed corn impresses with the unexpected addition of turmeric.
- 3 quarts roasted fresh corn (off the cob)
- ¼ pound butter
- 3 cups onion (small dice)
- 1.5 Tbsp minced rosemary
- 2.5 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup corn meal (fine grind)
- ½ Tbsp turmeric
- 6 cups heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- In a pot, sweat the onions in the butter until translucent.
- Add the corn and the rosemary and cook for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add the sugar and turmeric stirring constantly. Stir in the cornmeal until mixed well, add the cream and cook on low heat until the corn is softened and the cornmeal grit is gone.
- Season with salt and pepper, try to leave it a little creamier, remembering that it will need to be reheated.
- Put in a shallow container to cool quickly.
- Once cool, put in the appropriate containers.
Find more holiday recipes from local chefs here!