Chef Benny Kaminski, Union Common
What’s Thanksgiving without corn pudding? It’s not something we ever want to be forced to figure out. This year, we are taking a note out of Steve’s playbook and spicing up our corn pudding with the addition of Andouille sausage.
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 2 1/2 cups fresh corn
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- Preheat ovn to 350º
- Butter 1 1/2 quart baking dish
- Shuck corn, remove any silk. Hold the ear of corn upright and remove kernels with the tip of a chef knife (about 3/4 of the way)
- Add melted butter, salt and sugar in a bowl along with the corn.
- Gently beat eggs, add heavy cream and nutmeg.
- Add corn to the cream and egg mixture.
- Pour in baking dish and place in the oven for about 45 minutes, or until the mixture is set. (When it jiggles, it is done.)
- Garnish with Andouille sausage (optional)
Find more holiday recipes from local chefs here!