It’s hard to believe it’s February. This month ushers in a popular StyleBlueprint feature — beautiful weddings each Wednesday, all month long. And it is appropriate that venerable wedding planner and Nashvillian, Libby Page, begins the series. With Libby’s competent guidance and methodical planning, engaged couples and their families are able to create the weddings of their dreams, which is where the tale of the romance between Margaret Lipman and Stevie Orthwein begins.
It’s no surprise that the couple found each other — they’ve known each other since they were in diapers after all!
In early December, Stevie asked Margaret to marry him at Robert’s Western World. Not only is it their favorite honky-tonk in Nashville, but a stiff drink of Jack Daniels made popping the big question just a tad easier. Her answer was an immediate, redeeming yes! After a quick spin on the dance floor, they headed to Paradise Park for burgers and tater tots. The evening was perfect — one of the best nights of their lives, they say.
Now for the wedding. Close your eyes and imagine the rolling hills of Tennessee, a gorgeous family farm and a perfect fall day with dappled sunshine filtering through the trees.
SB Note: Photography courtesy of Mary Rosenbaum
Graymar Farm, the home of the bride’s family, and the adjacent Blue Springs Farm provided the setting for the wedding. A weekend of festivities included a rehearsal dinner on Thursday evening and a rousing polo match between the “brides” and the “grooms” on Friday. At the end of the match, we’re sure the “brides” won, but it seemed that the final score didn’t matter much.
- Event planning: Libby Page
- Photography: Mary Rosenbaum
- Videography: Geoff Boothby
- Invitations: Tenn Hens Design
- Floral Design: The Tulip Tree
- Rental Companies: Liberty Party Rental, Music City Tents and Events, Southern Events, Visual Elements, Nashville Tent and Awning,
- Lighting: The Bradfield Company
- Sound: Brantley Sound
- Catering: Kristen Winston Catering
- Cakes: Dessert Designs
- Cake Stands: John Watson
- Bride’s Dress: www.bhughesbridalformal.com
- Bridesmaids Dresses: Bella Bridesmaid Nashville
- Transportation: GrayLine of Tennessee