Valentine’s Day is typically met with two different feelings — a total disdain for the Hallmark holiday or a gushing adoration for February 14. In order to sway the former, we’ve come up with plenty of different ways to celebrate in Nashville this year. Whether you’re looking for a luxurious gift from a loved one (feel free to share this article with them for a little nudge ;)) or you want to celebrate your best gal-friends, we have options for you! Here are four different ways to celebrate your valentine (or galentine!) this year.
Plan a Romantic Date in Nashville
For the lovebirds who enjoy celebrating each other with a cocktail and a decadent dinner, the options are endless. It seems most restaurants in Nashville are offering special menus and upping their game for the holiday, so do your research (now!) to see if reservations are still available. If you have kids, book a sitter (definitely use Wyndy to do so!), and then check out these options, which we think sound especially appetizing and fun …
- A musical performance by Jaclyn Monroe, tasting menu for two for $40, a special XO martini special and select half-price bottles of wine at L27 Rooftop. Dance with your sweetheart with the Nashville skyline as your backdrop.
- Indulge in a Staycation at The Noelle. Start your evening with “Love at First Bite,” a four-course dinner with intriguing beer pairings, grab a cocktail at the Hidden Bar, and then stay in one of their luxury king suites for an extra special celebration.
- For the wine and chocolate lovers out there, head over to City Winery where their beverage director will host a wine and chocolate tasting. The one-hour class gives attendees the opportunity to taste six wines and four chocolates – and what better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day?
- If you and your date prefer more of an experience on your dates, head to The Frist for their Love Struck event. From 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., take a tour of the exhibition Life, Love & Marriage Chests in Renaissance Italy and enjoy musical performances, light Italian bites and cocktails.
Plan an At-Home Date Night
For the couple who prefers a date night in, there are so many ways to make it special. We recommend grabbing some flowers from your favorite local place and planning a delicious dinner.
- If you’re not much of a chef, or you would rather spend your time watching a movie together than cooking, Corner Market Catering has your solution! If you place your order by 6 p.m. on Tuesday, you can enjoy a gourmet dinner with your choice of soup to share, a salad for two, entrée options, including a half rack of lamb, Cornish hen, short ribs or a salmon fillet, sides, dessert and more — without measuring an ingredient.
- Pick up a beautiful bottle of brut rosé from Midtown Corkdorks Wine, Spirits & Beer to start or end your evening with a festive toast.
- Check out this list of binge-worthy shows for the evening’s entertainment.
Celebrate with Your Galentines
We are so happy that Valentine’s Day has become a day to celebrate all types of relationships — not just the romantic ones. For those who are riding solo or just want to celebrate their fabulous girlfriends this year, there are plenty of options …
- Kickstart a night out on the town with a reservation at Harper & Olive for blowouts. Then, head down to Black Rabbit, where they are hosting a Singles Dance Party complete with games, cocktail and menu specials and, of course, plenty of good tunes. End your night with drinks at the Lonely Hearts Club at The Bobby, a Valentine’s Day-themed dive.
- Host a girls’ night in, complete with all of the necessary components. For a fun splurge, pick up a resurfacing mask from The Cosmetic Market and treat your girlfriends. Order in from one of your favorite spots – try Coco’s Italian Market for pasta, The Smiling Elephant for authentic Thai or your favorite local pizza place – and turn on a chick flick. Don’t forget the sweets!
- If you’re celebrating on Wednesday night (the official Galentine’s Day), head to L.A. Jackson for a rooftop celebration from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. They’ll have brunch bites, a photo booth and DJ Sister Sprouse playing all of your favorite girl power tunes all night long.
Give (or Receive) a Gift of Luxury
There’s something a little exciting about just the possibility of a luxurious gift on Valentine’s Day. Sure, it’s likely not possible to give or receive one each and every year, but maybe this is your 40th Valentine’s Day together, or maybe the timing is right to surprise them this year. Regardless, feel free to send this along to your significant other for a little nudge in the extravagant direction …
Dreamy Gifts for Her:
The team at Mednikow Jewelers Nashville knows the best gifts come in the smallest packages. These Laurie Kaiser champagne “sliced” diamonds are comprised of 18-carat yellow gold and diamonds in a tear-drop shape. Laurie Kaiser is a Nashville-based jewelry designer who creates works with beautiful gems and precious metals … and sells them exclusively at Mednikow! Any girl would swoon over these lovely earrings that could be worn day or night.
One of our favorite jewelry trends of the last few years is the stackable ring. With a wide range of options – stones or no stones, gold or silver, simple or opulent – these can be customized to fit the wearer and the occasion. At Cindi Earl Fine Jewelry, you’ll find emerald cut, round, baguette and pear-shaped diamond bands ranging from $1,400 to $20,000. Start creating a stack this year that can grow as special occasions arise!
This ruby ring from E.J. Sain Jewelry Company really celebrates the spirit of Valentine’s Day. An 18k white gold ring with 2.5 carats of rubies and .45 carats of diamonds, this beautifully elegant piece will stand the test of time. This ring is certainly for your forever-Valentine and a gift that will surprise and delight all at the same time.
A special gift for your Valentine is one that can adorn the walls of your home. This charming scene called “There’s one!” by Murfreesboro artist Mary Veazie celebrates those everyday moments that make relationships so special. It measures 16-by-20-inch and can be found at Bennett Galleries.
Rose pink bag
For your fashionista Valentine, this gorgeous dusty rose Ferragamo bag is guaranteed to be a hit. The functional and chic handbag is dreamy, and the color fits the occasion perfectly. There is just one of these at Designer Finds, so snag it quickly!
Splurge-worthy Gifts for Him:
A fancy flask
For the man in your life, consider splurging on a fancy flask he will keep for many years to come. This beauty from Lucchese is made of alligator and will only get better with age — and content! Pick it up in the Gulch at Lucchese for $250.
The ultimate relaxation
Barely a month into the year, and we’re all back into the full swing of work and responsibilities. There are few things more valuable than time spent decompressing and relaxing. Your valentine will be especially grateful for time to take care of himself with a luxe massage from Escape. Splurge on a longer massage than usual, or give him the option to choose his favorite from the long list of offerings including four-handed, deep tissue and custom.
Super cool sneakers
For the style-forward dude in your life, these sneakers will be a welcomed addition to their trendy closet. Created by Napoli-based Common Projects and available at Oak Hall, each style comes in a number of colors and plays into the minimalist sneaker trend.
We hope we’ve inspired a new — or renewed — appreciation for this special day. Happy Valentine’s Day, Nashville!
For more of the best of Nashville, subscribe to our daily newsletter HERE!