The Sumner Grille will celebrate its one-year anniversary in August 2014! This North Mississippi favorite is five-star dining, Mississippi style, located behind Sumner’s historic court house on the square. Today, Chef Walt Norwood of the Sumner Grille shares his “Miss”sippi Salad with us, a perfect idea for your Fourth menu!
- 1 pkg. arugula
- 1 pkg. goat cheese
- 1 can wasabi peas
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 watermelon
- Roll goat cheese into 12 golf ball-sized balls.
- Coarsely chop 1/2 can of peas in food processor.
- Roll goat cheese in wasabi peas.
- Cut watermelon into 8 pyramid shaped pieces.
- Remove seeds.
- Put arugula in bowl.
- Squeeze lemon over arugula and drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place arugula in center of plate.
- Put 2 melon pieces at 3 and 9 o'clock.
- Place 3 goat cheese balls at random.
- Scatter more whole wasabi peas on top.
Thank you, Chef Walt! For more information about the Sumner Grille, visit: facebook.com/sumner.grille.