Leslie Schilling, nutritionist and chef, has Halloween dinner covered with a steaming cauldron (Crock-Pot!) of delicious meaty pumpkin chili. Welcome back to StyleBlueprint, Leslie. Once again, Leslie has Your Supper Solution!
Today’s Pumpkin Chili is perfect with grilled cheese or cheese quesadilla points, and a bonus, it is also a nutrient-rich dinner. It’s a protein, iron, vitamin A and C power meal. You may have leftover, so try it on a baked potato, or over oven-baked fries topped with cheese. Who doesn’t love chili-cheese fries? This is your perfect fall meal for trick-or-treaters of all ages! Yum-O!
Meaty Pumpkin Chili
- Olive oil 2 tablespoons
- Onion 1 small to medium, diced
- Red bell pepper medium, diced
- Garlic 3 cloves, diced
- Ground beef 1.5-2 pounds
- Diced tomatoes 1-2 cans depending on your tomato love level (don’t drain)
- Tomato paste 1 small can
- Pumpkin Puree 1 can
- Chili Powder 2 tablespoons
- Cumin powder 1 tablespoon
- Hot sauce to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Topping options: shredded cheese sour cream or Greek yogurt, green onions, chili powder, more hot sauce
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil to medium-high.
- Add your onions, garlic, and pepper.
- Cook until tender.
- Now add your beef.
- Cook until beef is browned/cooked through.
- If you want to use a slow cooker, transfer the meat and veggies now.
- Set on low for up to 8 hours.
- Now add everything else into your pot or slow cooker.
- If you’re eating it soon, let it simmer on low for about 20 minutes and you’re ready to serve.
You may have seen Leslie as a guest on both national and local TV programs, or perhaps you have read her fun, foodie articles in various media. Leslie owns Schilling Nutrition Therapy, LLC and her newest venture includes a back-to-basics approach to getting dinner on the table. Learn more about Leslie and Your Supper Solution, here: YourSupperSolution.com.