Today, we have enlisted the help of local stylist Sukey Johnson. She can whip your wardrobe into shape in no time and here are her thoughts on three looks, all keeping a budget in line, for fall 2010. Isn’t she cute? She can be reached by email at [email protected] Her picture is by Wiff Harmer:
Now, let’s hear from Sukey:
I found 3 all round great sweaters to love for all occasions. They work with white pants til September, jeans year round, and always with your favorite black or brown pants. Last, but not least, I’ll tell you about a great belt. So many clients ‘forget’ their belt (you know who you are)!
- First prize for best steal of a deal – Target $24.99 – Cheetah print cardigan. A little trendy, but worth it for the price. This will (or should) match more than a handful of things already in your closet
- For a slightly higher price point, Ann Taylor $68 Shawl Collar Tunic – and it has cashmere! This color is called wet clay heather (it looks camel to me). Don’t let the word tunic scare you away. This is a sleeveless pullover that will look sassy in September with your tanned arms, gold jewelry and killer belt. Finally, in November you’ll still get to wear it with the right long sleeve shirt or blouse underneath. The cowl neckline is a winner for all of us. Love it!
- This one wins the prize for biggest investment here today: BCBG’s signature cardi-wrap $148-$168 – The beauty of this item is all the color options at different times of the year. I love the camel heather, black, and grey. I got my first one this summer in orange and pink (now marked down!). This piece is very versatile in both occasion and look. There is a video online explaining 12 different ways to wear it, so no excuses! Also, the sales people are very polite and helpful (my experience was at The Mall of Green Hills).
- I said, don’t forget the belt! I found this little beauty while in BCBG. The online picture does not do it justice. You must try it in the store because it’s a home run with the #2 and #3 sweaters adding the perfect bling to finish your outfit. (Remember the tiger print cardigan doesn’t need a lot more bling because…. it’s tiger print!) They call it Leather Belt with Golden Buckle for $58.
- Ladies, remember a belt doesn’t go in the same spot for everyone. Don’t be afraid to try it high, medium or low, but try it.
…Lastly, as I feel ashamed my summer was too busy and school is already here. Let’s slow it down, lose the watch, and make a little time for yourself. You’re worth it!