Holidays, as in Christmas? Yes. I know that ghosts and goblins are still about town, but when November arrives this weekend, the race begins. It is officially time to start a slow jog that will evolve into a December sprint if you don’t pace yourself and start a few known tasks early.
We consulted with experts at the Stovall Collection in Laurelwood to make a do-now list for the holidays. These tips should help ensure that your next two months are truly the most wonderful time of the year, 2013, instead of a blur of memories you darted by on your way to the next task.
Order Christmas Cards Now
Take advantage of some wonderful promotions by ordering your Christmas cards early. Many shops and vendors offer a variety of promotions to encourage ordering in October. Not only are promotions available, but the turnaround time might be better as well!
Addresses and Envelopes
Get your Christmas card addresses organized early and if you have the time, you can request early envelopes while the Christmas card is printed. This is helpful when ordering a custom design from certain vendors that have longer turnarounds.
If you have a long gift list for neighbors, clients, coworkers, teachers or friends, consider ordering group gifts or bulk. You can still order a custom printed set of napkins, cups, coasters or notepads. If you are ordering a printed bulk gift, simply choose a wonderful design rather than a name. That way the gifts can be divided and wrapped for several different people! And, it would be fun to have your own personalized seasonal novelities, too.
Are you hosting Thanksgiving or giving a seated luncheon or dinner party for the holidays? Consider custom printed menus for each place setting, a little extra something for the table that shows forethought and creativity.
It’s a Wrap
Stovall offers a gift wrapping service in the shop. It is not too early to have them wrap your gifts and label them so you can tuck them away in your gift closet until Christmas.
All gifts purchased at Stovall will be wrapped with compliments. Clients may also drop off their gifts purchased elsewhere for them to wrap beautifully, and they will even handle shipping and delivery! Prices for wrap begin at $8 and depend on the size of the gift.
If you enjoy wrapping your own presents, find a great workspace in your own house that you can set up with all of your wrapping essentials! Take inventory and make sure you have everything you need to make your gift wrap fabulous. One time-saver: Many companies offer seasonal gift tags and stickers that can be personalized to tie right on your gifts.
Wrapping Station Checklist:
1. Make sure you have the following items:
- Good satin finish transparent tape on big dispenser
- Sharp scissors that won’t walk away from your area
- Different widths of ribbon for different size boxes
- Gift boxes in various sizes
- Tissue paper in different colors and patterns
- Beautiful rolls of wrap, gift tags and bobbles found at The Stovall Collection, of course!
2. Consider a color palette for gifts under your tree. Pick just a few patterns of paper that work well together and a few complementary ribbons so that any paper and ribbon work with any gift. For those extra special gifts, Stovall offers exquisite ribbons available for purchase by the yard.
3. Another easy approach is wrapping with just a beautiful tag on top. The Stovall Collection offers a wide variety of solid wraps, simple stripes and dots that look fantastic with a custom enclosure card on top that pops. Their options for tags are endless!
So don’t let the wrapping overwhelm you. Use these tips or let Stovall do your wrapping so you can enjoy what is most important about the holiday season—spending time with family and friends!
Thank you to the Stovall Collection for a wonderful head start on the holidays! (Now let’s go trick-or-treating!)