With Valentine’s Day, Fat Tuesday and slight temps in the air at least for a little while longer, we can find plenty of excuses for indulging, if needed. And lucky for us, Memphis restaurants are brimming with delicious selections to suit your fancy. Like a big, tender hug, these local comfort food finds will warm your heart and fill your tummy. Hungry readers be warned: these images alone are enough to make your mouth water. We’ll take one of each, please!
1. Collard Greens with Nduya and Hominy from Hog & Hominy.
2. Roasted Tomato Soup with Beemster Grilled Cheese Sandwich from Erling Jensen.
3. Alchemy’s Four-Cheese Macaroni and Cheese.
4. The Roast White Oaks Pasture beef + Swiss Poboy from The Second Line.
5. Sticky Toffee Date Cake from Acre
Ahhhh. The comfort of a good meal or a warm treat. That’s the way to enjoy February. Bon appétit!