March in Louisville means warm weather, the start of Derby season and cheers for red or blue in March Madness. But March also means awesome events in Louisville. For this edition of What to Wear, we’ve chosen The Mocktail Project’s “A Drink for You,” Kentucky Derby Festival Fashion Show and NuLu Bock Fest.
We’ve pulled together looks for these events from a couple of our favorite local boutiques — Monkee’s of Louisville and Magnolia & Fig. Each fabulous ensemble, styled by the savvy Tracy Varga of Tracy Varga Group. Let’s take a look!
The Event: The Mocktail Project’s “A Drink for You”
- March 12, 2019
- 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Frazier History Museum
- Tickets are $45.
- For more information, visit themocktailproject.com.
Ready to get your mocktail on? This event is a social mixer to raise awareness about and money for The Mocktail Project, a mission to help provide a choice, eliminate unnecessary social pressures and remove societal stigmas to create a safer, more inclusive drinking culture. The fun will be overflowing even without the booze!
What to Wear: Business casual is the name of the game. As many professionals will head to this event after work, you can’t go wrong with a classic dress or a nice jumpsuit. We chose three eye-catching looks from Monkee’s of Louisville.
- March 28, 2019
- Cocktail hour begins at 5:30 p.m.
- The showroom at Horseshoe Casino in Southern Indiana
- Tickets start at $40.
- For more information, visit discover.kdf.org.
Hold your horses, Louisville! Derby festivities are officially in full swing. One of our top picks is the Kentucky Derby Festival Fashion Show, a runway for the latest Derby styles and spring picks from local boutiques. Enjoy cocktails, dinner and a fashion show that will ignite your inner fashionista and get you excited for spring.
What to Wear: Seeing all of the latest Derby looks is bound to inspire, so we recommend dressing to the nines for this one! Tracy chose three stunning dresses from Monkee’s of Louisville that are sure to impress.
The Event: Nulu Bock Fest
- March 30, 2019
- Noon to 7 p.m.
- The 600 and 700 blocks of East Market Street
- Free and open to the public
- For more information, visit nulubusinessassocation.org.
Where can you find beer, sausage and goats in the same place? Only at Nulu Bock Fest! This fourth annual event continues a spring ritual dating back to the mid-19th century to mark the changing of the season when the dark German lager, known as bock, was released across the city after a winter of aging. The “Wurst Fest” will feature local restaurants creating their own version of a cased sausage, and goat costumes are encouraged. You won’t want to miss it!
What to Wear: If you’re not planning on wearing a goat costume to this event, we’ve got you covered. We’re keeping it casual as attendees are likely to encounter furry friends, eat-with-your-hands snacks and a glass or two of bock beer. Stylist Tracy Varga has chosen three casual but trendy looks from Magnolia & Fig that will have you feeling comfy and fashion-forward on a fresh spring day.
A big, huge THANK YOU:
- To our boutiques, Magnolia & Fig and Monkee’s of Louisville, for providing the perfect looks and accessories
- To our photographer, Leila Grossman of Grannis Photography, for shooting absolutely breathtaking photos
- To stylist Tracy Varga of the Tracy Varga Group for making our models look incredible
- To Z Salon & Spa for providing hair and makeup for our lovely models
- To Mellwood Arts Center for letting us use their unbelievably beautiful space as our location for this shoot
- And last, but certainly not least, to Heyman Talent modeling agency for sending us such wonderful models and making the day so fun!