Summer lovin’ … had us a blast! And in this last month of the beloved season, we plan to live it up to the fullest and break out the best of our summer wardrobe. For this edition of What to Wear, we’re highlighting three exciting upcoming events: Kentucky Classic & Summer Festival at Hermitage Farm, Louisville on the Lawn at The Conrad-Caldwell House Museum and WorldFest at The Belvedere.
We’re pretty excited about our gorgeous models, too! We have Mary Sheerin, the head groomer at Hermitage Farm, who is assisting in Kentucky Classic; Brianna Jacobi, an intern at Conrad-Caldwell House Museum, where Louisville on the Lawn will take place this year; and lastly, we have Aryea Kolubah, a Liberian clothing designer participating in WorldFest and the designer behind Aryea Kolubah & Co. Our fabulous models are sporting looks from three amazing Louisville boutiques: Something Blue, Cordial Lee and Aryea Kolubah & Co. at none other than Hermitage Farm. Here’s a look at what to wear this August!
The Event: Kentucky Classic and Summer Festival
- August 3-5, 2018
- Times vary depending on day and activity.
- Free and open to the public
- Hermitage Farm
- For more info, visit hermitagefarm.com.
Competitions, a petting zoo and food trucks — oh, my! Enjoy family-friendly activities at Hermitage Farm at this year’s Kentucky Classic and Summer Festival. Competition days are on August 3-5, and the summer festival will take place on August 4. Come out and have a blast!
What to Wear: Comfort is the name of the game. Attendees will likely be standing and walking through grass and hills and participating in fun activities, so we recommend breathable summer dresses, rompers, shorts or even a jean skirt and chic top. We couldn’t resist the “classic” look of some good old-fashioned gingham and stripes from Cordial Lee and Something Blue. Take a look!
The Event: Louisville on the Lawn
- August 25, 2018
- 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Tables of eight are $400, tables of six are $300, and individual tickets are $50
- Conrad-Caldwell House Museum
- For more info, visit conrad-caldwell.org.
It’s like one big Louisville picnic party! The Conrad-Caldwell House Museum will host a fashion-forward picnic called Louisville on the Lawn to celebrate the end of the summer season. This gorgeous mansion is surrounded by the beautiful historic houses and ornate fountain on St. James Court. Partygoers are invited to bring their favorite picnic food to enjoy as they take in the surrounding beauty. Attendees will enjoy live music from Small Time Napoleon along with a silent auction, open bar and lawn party traditions like napkin twirling and sparkler lighting. Guests are encouraged to bring decorations and elaborate fixings like candelabras and centerpieces as there will be a prize for Best Decorated Table.
What to Wear: All white, baby! Partygoers must don dapper white outfits for a chance to win “Best Dressed in White.” This is the time to break out your best white attire, because who doesn’t want to win that best dressed award? We’re showing you four great looks from Something Blue, Cordial Lee and Aryea Kolubah & Co.
The Event: WorldFest
- August 31 through September 3, 2018
- Friday through Sunday, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.; Monday, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Free and open to the public
- Downtown Louisville at The Belvedere
- For more info, visit worldfestlouisville.com.
Want to travel around the world? You can do it in just one weekend right here in downtown Louisville! WorldFest is one of the region’s largest international festivals, and it’s celebrating its 16th anniversary with four days of expanded world food, live music, dance, culture and education. Food and crafts are available for purchase, and it’s sure to be a fest you won’t forget!
What to Wear: Dress it up or dress it down. We expect to see a mix of everything from cute and casual to bold, worldly patterns. We’re starting out with a more casual style, and the last three outfits feature beautiful and bold prints that fit in perfectly at this culture-rich event. These looks are from Cordial Lee, Something Blue and Aryea Kolubah & Co. Take a look!
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
- To our boutiques, Something Blue, Cordial Lee and Aryea Kolubah & Co for providing the perfect looks and accessories
- To our photographer, Christine Mueller of Christine Mueller Photography, for shooting absolutely breathtaking photos
- To our stylist extraordinaire, Shannon Kessler from Primp Style Lounge, for making our models look incredible
- To Primp Style Lounge for providing hair and makeup services for this shoot
- To Hermitage Farm for letting us use their beautiful land for the photo shoot
- And last, but certainly not least, to our models Mary Sheerin of Hermitage Farm, Aryea Kolubah of Aryea Kolubah & Co. and Brianna Jacobi of the Conrad-Caldwell House Museum