Recently engaged or know someone who is? Louisville has many resources for your wedding attire. No need to go out of town to get what you’re looking for. Shop at these local wedding boutiques to fulfill all of your wedding needs, from the dresses for both the bride and bridal party to accessories and beyond.
Rebecca’s Wedding Boutique
159 Chenoweth Lane, Louisville • (502) 895-4627
This chic boutique is filled with beautiful gowns for any Louisville bride. Rebecca’s carries the lines of 10 designers, including Essense of Australia and Maggie Sottero, and there is a preponderance of lace and sparkles. All of the dresses share a certain Southern aesthetic, but note that bridal gowns aren’t the only thing that Rebecca’s has to offer. You’ll also find a great selection of dresses for bridesmaids, mothers and flower girls, as well as tuxedos for the guys. The customer service is impeccable, and the prices range from $750 to $3,500. For more information on Rebecca’s, visit rebeccasweddings.com.
123 East Main St., La Grange • (502) 225-0305
This quaint, yet sophisticated, wedding dress boutique is a treasure located off the town square in La Grange. Offering anywhere from five to seven different bridal designers, Couture Closet dresses are very romantic, feminine and classic. There are even some vintage-inspired dresses. The setting at Couture Closet is unique, with a charming dress viewing area that resembles a private gazebo. There is also a selection of jewelry for both brides and bridesmaids. Prices range from $1,200 to $3,000, and you’ll enjoy the friendly and knowledgeable staff. To learn more, visit coutureclosetboutique.com.
309 N. Evergreen Road, Louisville • (502) 244-9493
Sher’s Bridal is a favorite among Louisville brides. Open since 1973, this family-owned boutique showcases exquisite dresses for brides and bridesmaids. Owner Sher Stumler gives her expert advice to many brides, and her attention to customer service is raved about in many of our wedding articles. Along with a wide selection of dresses, Sher’s has beautiful jewelry and accessories to finish the look. [SB TIP: On the sixth of every month, Sher’s has a clearance sale with bridal gowns starting at $198.] For more information on Sher’s, visit shersbridalandformalwear.com.
153 Chenoweth Lane, Louisville • (502) 895-0212
Of course, it is the bride and groom’s day, but don’t forget about their mothers. Glasscock Boutique is the perfect place to find a gown for the mothers of the bride and groom. Choose from a wide selection of designers and dresses that are short, long and for any season of the year. And like the other boutiques, Glasscock boasts impeccable customer service! For more information on Glasscock Boutique, visit glasscockinc.com.
We received so much great advice at these boutiques that we want to share with you before you start your hunt for the perfect bridal gown. Here’s what the experts have to say:
- Once you find your dress, do not go looking for another dress.
- Feel free to browse, but the best way to find a dress is to make an appointment, and schedule it one to two weeks ahead. Most appointments last for about an hour-and-a-half.
- Have a general idea of what kind of dress you want, but be open to suggestions.
- You need to allot nine months for your dress to be ordered, shipped and altered.
- When you go to your appointment, be sure that you are showered and have the proper undergarments you anticipate needing (i.e. strapless bra, Spanx, etc.).
- Optimize your appearance for your appointment, meaning do your hair and makeup. It’s hard to visualize being a beautiful bride with post-workout hair and no makeup.
- Bring an honest friend or parent, but limit your entourage to four (at most!) when trying on wedding gowns.
Most importantly, enjoy the process of shopping for your perfect dress! You’ll look spectacular, we just know it!