Each season, we make a point to go through our cosmetics to get rid of items that didn’t impress or to re-introduce ourselves to those forgotten products at the bottom of the bag. Not only does this small task help to keep an often messy beauty collection clean and organized, it also allows us to focus on the products worth re-purchasing while opening up room for the new items we’ve been hoping to try. This feels especially necessary in the winter in order to both start fresh for the new year and swap out our warm-weather products with hydrating goodies that will protect from January’s harsh, wintry winds. Join us in refreshing your beauty bag — here are our winter favorites!
A good skincare routine becomes even more necessary in the winter. Rain, freezing temperatures and new year stress all factor into winter skin’s dry, dull and tired appearance. Here are four of our favorite skincare products to help combat these seasonal struggles.
- Clinique ID Custom Blend Hydrator Collection: ($39) This brand new product is literally made for every type of skin issue. It’s a revolutionary hydrator that addresses your main skin concern, whether that be fatigue, uneven skin tone, irritation or fine lines and wrinkles. Simply pick your hydration base, add the cartridge that combats your biggest skin concern, and there you have it— beautiful skin is only a few uses away.
- Tatcha The Pearl Tinted Eye Illuminating Treatment: ($48) Do you struggle with dark under-eye circles? This treatment won’t just cover them up, it will actually work to get rid of them completely over time. It will instantly brighten and hydrate while delivering a flattering pearl-like luster and reducing the appearance of darkness.
- Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Dream Night Cream: ($48) This intensely hydrating product takes advantage of the benefits of the lotus flower. It uses the multi-benefit power of the entire plant to deliver hydration, boost radiance and protect skin. It is meant to be applied before bed to wake up with a rested, enriched and brightened complexion.
- Murad Rapid Age Spot And Pigment Lightening Serum: ($72) If you struggle with stubborn, frustrating age spots, acne spots or uneven pigmentation, this Murad product is just what you’ve been looking for. It is a bit pricey, but packs a huge punch and, after just one week, will deliver obvious, noticeable changes in skin’s overall complexion and brightness.
Now that you’ve got your skin hydrated and protected, it’s time to focus on the hottest cosmetic products of the season. From a lightweight, perfecting tinted moisturizer to multi-use products, the one lip mask we live by and the the season’s trendiest splash of color, these products will make you feel beautiful and confident. Added bonus: They’ll cut down your morning makeup routine!
- Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Moisturizer: ($30) During the winter months, it’s easy to opt for a super full-coverage foundation, but often those products dry out skin even more. Recently, we’ve purchased this tinted moisturizer and have completely fallen in love! It provides light coverage and a not-too-dewy finish that evens complexion and makes skin look naturally flawless.
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner: ($25) Cobalt blue is the statement-making color of the season, and eyeliner is the chicest way to rock it. Rather than focusing on skin with ultra-dewy products or opting for a bold lip, try applying this easy-to-use cobalt blue liner to eyes for a fun and trendy pop of color!
- Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask: ($26) Do you struggle with dry, cracked lips? This is the one lip treatment we swear by. The Agave Lip Mask is an intense nightly recovery lip mask handcrafted with agave nectar and jojoba oil. It is rich and nourishing and will completely transform winter lips after just a few uses.
- NARS Matte Multiple: ($39) If you’re hoping to cut your morning routine time down a bit, a multi-use product like this NARS matte multiple is a great option. The creamy, lightweight formula glides on smoothly to deliver a flush of flattering color to lips and cheeks. The product is absorbed immediately to ensure no annoying stickiness remains on the skin. Our favorite aspect of this product is the unique wet/dry formula. Apply this product wet for sheer color that melts into skin or dry for a more pigmented, high-impact payoff.
Don’t be fooled! Winter’s harsh winds and temperatures have an effect on hair too. Make your strands your most fabulous accessory by restoring hydration, cutting down on drying time and strengthening brittle, broken ends. All four of these products will work wonders!
- Moroccanoil Restorative Hair Mask: ($43) Although pricey, this hair mask will totally save dry, damaged locks. It is protein-rich and infused with argan oil that restores and repairs weakened hair. After just a few uses, you’ll notice a vast improvement in texture and manageability through intense hydration.
- Aquis Lisse Luxe Long Hair Towel: ($35) If you have long hair, this product will change your life! Aquis towels are engineered to cut drying time by at least 50% while remaining delicate enough to help reduce breakage and damage. This small, but mighty product even helps hair color stay vibrant longer! Who doesn’t want that?!
- IGK Thirsty Girl Coconut Milk Leave-In Conditioner: ($28) This coconut milk-infused product smoothes, nourishes and strengthens hair while ridding of frizz for over 24 hours and protecting strands from humidity and pollution.
- Kerastase Nutritive Oil Serum: ($37) This product, specially made for those who struggle with dry, frizzy locks, uses anti-frizz protection to smooth unmanageable hair while detangling and leaving a noticeable shine and smooth texture.
There you have it — your beauty bag is prepped to take on the rest of winter confidently!
Keep up with the best of the South. Follow us on Instagram: @StyleBlueprint