The weather has officially changed from winter to spring, and Atlantans are itching to do what we do best – shed our winter skin, get outside and celebrate! Next month is full of festivals and events for you to enjoy and we’re highlighting three of our favorites. Kick things off with the official start of spring, the Atlanta Dogwood Festival, for some gorgeous scenery. Then spend an evening sampling and sipping for a cause at The Tasting. Finally, live it up the last weekend of the month enjoying art, homes, music and more at the Inman Park Festival & Tour of Homes. It’s practically April already, so let’s find you something to wear!
The Event: Atlanta Dogwood Festival
- Friday, April 8, 2016, noon to 11 p.m.; Saturday, April 9, 2016, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.; and Sunday, April 10, 2016, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Free and open to the public at Piedmont Park
- Check out this year’s Artist Market
The Atlanta Dogwood Festival is synonymous with springtime in the city. The dogwood trees are in bloom, and artists and vendors fill the pathways of Piedmont Park. Add in a Kids Village with activities for the littles, plus food and live entertainment, and you have all the makings of a perfect April weekend in Atlanta.
What to wear: For this casual, artsy event we scoped out Range Boutique, which recently moved to Roswell Road. We love their California cool vibe for this outdoor spring event.
The Event: The Tasting
- Wednesday, April 13, 2016, 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Attendees will dine, drink and bid in the silent auction
- Ticket prices, donation information and more details at yourtoolsforliving.org
Is there anything better than sampling great food and wine and perusing an amazing silent auction all while supporting a great cause? We can’t think of anything! One of our April favorites is The Tasting, which benefits the Zimmerman-Horowitz Independent Living Program through Jewish Family & Career Services. Z-H ILP is a individualized, person-centered supportive living program that allows people with disabilities to live as independently as possible. Along with food from Atlanta favorites like Serpas, Honeysuckle Gelato and The General Muir, guests sample a global selection of wines, plus an assortment of local libations from drinking holes like Old Fourth Distillery, Orpheus Brewing and SweetWater Brewing Company.
What to wear: Casual elegance is key for The Tasting, so we looked no further than our favorite West Midtown stop for all things contemporary cool, Kane Boutique. Carrying hot-off-the-runway looks from the likes of Rachel Zoe, Tibi and Alice & Olivia, Kane had us covered with the perfect picks for a spring benefit.
The Event: Inman Park Festival & Tour of Homes
- The festival is free and takes place Saturday, April 30, 2016, 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.; and Sunday, May 1, 2016, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- The Tour of Homes preview starts on Friday, April 29, 2016, from noon to 4 p.m., as well as Saturday and Sunday from noon to 6 p.m. The Tour of Homes requires tickets and admission fee.
- Besides the festival and Tour of Homes, check out the parade, art market and live entertainment.
- Get the 411 on the Inman Park Festival!
Closing out each April in Atlanta is the Inman Park Festival & Tour of Homes, taking over the streets (and, in some cases, the residences) of one of Atlanta’s oldest neighborhoods. From an artists’ market to a street parade to activities for kids, plan to spend the whole day taking in the sights and sounds of one of our favorite spots.
What to wear: For the Inman Park Festival, we’re fans of stylish, yet laid-back, looks. Naturally, we turned to Dakota J’s in Virginia-Highland to get us outfitted for a weekend in the sun. We’re all about keeping it casual in a sundress when it comes to our outdoor festivals!
No matter how you spend your April, we suggest getting outside, enjoying the weather and doing some good for an organization you believe in. Happy spring! And don’t forget to tell event organizers, boutique owners and all your pals that StyleBlueprint sent you!