Maybe we were struck by Cupid’s arrow, because we’re feeling the love this week.
Telling people (and customers!) that you appreciate them and giving thanks mindfully can have a deep impact on you personally and professionally. Personally, practicing gratitude on a regular basis not only makes you happier, it can also improve your sleep quality and physical health. Professionally, thanking your customers can improve your retention rates. Did you know that the probability of selling to a new customer is 5-20%, while selling to an existing customer is 60-70% (Huffington Post)?
Here are 5 easy ways you can show your customers some love in unexpected ways:
1. Learn and use first names. Everyone’s favorite word is their own name. Using their first name will create loyalty, increase attention in your conversation and show them that they’re more than just a customer.
2. Practice random acts of kindness. Surprise and delight a randomly chosen customer with a free item just for being a customer.
3. Schedule a customer appreciation day. Offer customers a small discount. Loyal and happy customers are more likely to share their good experience with your business.
4. Respond to social media comments in a timely manner. Whether responding to a positive or negative comment, your interaction shows the customer and other followers that you care.
5. Follow back. This one’s simple. When a customer follows you on social media, simply follow them back. It shows them that you’re interested in them for more than just their money.