Have you spent so much time worrying about the turkey and all the sides that you forgot about dessert? Well, maybe you didn’t forget about it, but you cast it off to the “pick up” or “buy from the bakery” section of your list?
Here is one of my favorite desserts that my mother makes (for just about any occasion) and it is so easy and quick. Quicker than running to the bakery, I promise.
Fudge Ice Cream Pie
- Hot Fudge Sauce, I used Trader Joe's
- Nilla Wafers
- 1 quart ice cream, any flavor
- 1 bag chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds
- Heat your hot fudge sauce according to the directions. Line bottom and sides of a 9 or 10" pie plate with nilla wafers.
- Spoon ½ of ice cream over wafers.
- Spoon ½ chocolate sauce over ice cream. Repeat with the rest of the ice cream and chocolate sauce.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans, almonds or walnuts over top and freeze overnight or at least five hours. Make sure you cover the pie with foil before you put in the freezer.
Easy and delicious. Enjoy!