Hop, Skip and Go Naked, Cowboy Margarita, The Pompous Mexican, Summer Beer, Go Jump in the Lake, Holy Hangover Batman, Is This Just Limeade?
Or the proper name around these parts:
Whatever you call it, it’s my summer drink of choice. In fact, my friends and I have built a lifestyle around it here that transcends summer. We have summer ale parties in the summer, fall, winter and spring.
It started innocently enough when our friends from Indianapolis introduced it to us three years ago at the lake. When I poured the vodka into the beer and limeade mixture, I questioned both my sanity and my age. One sip made me a believer though. Truly a great drink to share with others. I like it because it is not as sweet as a margarita, and it’s very refreshing.
One piece of advice, just follow the recipe and don’t look back. Don’t mess with the recipe. Trust Heidi.
- 3 Mexican beers preferably Corona (optional 4th beer)
- 1 can frozen limeade
- 1 "can" vodka use the cheap stuff, you'll be masking the flavor
- Pour all three beers in a large pitcher first. (I add another beer if I want the drink to be less sweet.) Add can of frozen limeade. In the empty limeade can, fill up with vodka and add to pitcher. Stir and serve over ice.
- I promise it doesn't taste like vodka.
- This concoction will keep in the refrigerator for a few days.
Be careful to mark on your pitcher somehow that this is an ADULT drink. Put this out at a picnic and everyone will want to drink it. Check out these drink tags at Urban Farmhouse Market to solve this problem.