The arrival of a new season is the perfect time to refresh your beauty bag. This spring and summer, we’re seeing a shift from statement eyes, bold lips and contoured cheeks to natural skin made dewy by highlighting products, feathered brows and a “your lips, but better” pout. Frankly, we couldn’t be happier! Although we love experimenting with heavier makeup, there is nothing more flattering than enhancing your natural beauty with a few select products. We’ve selected the skin, eye and lip items you’ll find in our seasonal beauty bag. Here is your guide to spring and summer makeup!
SPRING MAKEUP: SKIN
Spring makeup is all about the skin. From the runways to the blogs, we’ve seen a major rise in natural, glowing skin. Here are three easy-to-use products that make it possible.
- NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer: ($45) Not only does this product provide light to medium coverage (and if you have blemishes or dark under eyes, we suggest the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer), it will also leave your skin radiant and youthful with a natural glow. Plus it has SPF 30, ideal for days spent under the sun.
- BITE Beauty Multistick: ($24) This has got to be the easiest product to apply. Simply pick the color that best flatters your skin tone, warm it up on your fingertips and lightly apply to the cheekbones, lips and eyes for a natural and beautiful flush of color.
- Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat All-Over Brightening Pen: ($35) Similar to the multistick, this highlighting pen is beyond easy-to-apply. It gives you just the right touch of glow without leaving an unflattering glittery finish. Apply this to the top of your cheekbones, above the eyebrows, along the bridge of the nose and atop the cupid’s bow to reflect how sunlight touches your face.
SPRING MAKEUP: EYES
Now, let’s move on to the eyes. This season, nix the smokey eye and bold liner, and add a light touch of shimmer to bring out the beauty of every eye color. Then, go for feathery, natural brows and bring those lashes to life to create the ideal enhanced eye.
- Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon Eye Shadow Pencil: ($27) Natural, effective and supermodel-approved, Charlotte Tilbury products are a guaranteed hit when searching for a light, easy-to-apply cosmetic. This eye shadow pencil is available in eight flattering shades for specific eye colors and will give your eyes a natural pop in one fell swoop.
- Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow + Volumizing Eyebrow Gel: ($24) This season, put that harsh eyebrow pencil or potted gel away, and go for this brush-on product. It separates the hairs giving you a feathered, natural finish while adding a touch of color to further define the brows.
- Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara: ($23) We’re loving this mascara not just for the length and volume results, but also for its lash health benefits! Unlike most chemical-filled mascaras, this Amazonian clay product hydrates and replenishes dry and brittle lashes while enriching pure color pigment.
SPRING MAKEUP: LIPS
To create that perfect pout, we suggest choosing a product that doesn’t result in a bold and statement-making lip, but rather enhances the natural color of your lips while adding a touch of glossy shine. Here are three of our favorite ways to do so.
- Kiehl’s Butterstick Lip Treatment: ($22) This buttery smooth balm, available in six flattering shades, delivers natural-looking color while providing intense hydration for dry and cracked lips. Coconut oil and lemon butter allow this balm to soften lips while the SPF 30 protects lips from spring and summer’s harsh sun.
- Bare Minerals Gen Nude Radiant Lipstick: ($20) THIS is the lipstick of the season. So much so, in fact, it’s close to sold out online, but don’t worry— they’re constantly restocking, and shades are usually available in store. This radiant product gives lips a touch of flattering color and shine while smoothing and conditioning lips.
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hydrating Lip Gloss: ($28) This gloss (in the shade “Sugar, Sugar”) has been a cult favorite in the beauty world for years. It’s the perfect product to top the lips with flattering shimmer and nourishing hydration.
For more of the best of the South — straight to your inbox — subscribe to StyleBlueprint HERE!