Determining the right advertising strategy for small and medium-sized businesses can be tricky. You’re looking to target a wide audience, at the right time, with a limited budget. For many business owners in this category, Facebook has been a preferred advertising solution.
In recent months, however, the Cambridge Analytica controversy and subsequent platform changes have left many feeling less-than positive about advertising on Facebook. Some brands feel as though their audience no longer uses the social network. Others worry they won’t be able to target potential consumers as effectively in light of recent site changes.
Is advertising on Facebook still worth it?
SB Media says yes. For small and medium sized businesses in 2018, Facebook remains one of your best options for targeted advertising. Here are a few of the main reasons why.
5 Reasons To Keep Advertising On Facebook
- Reach: With more than 2 billion active monthly users, Facebook’s reach is still unparalleled across social networks. In comparison, Instagram recently reached 1 billion active monthly users, while Twitter has 335 million. With a global audience of this size, your advertising options on Facebook are both abundant and diverse.
- Cost: Whether you’re looking to drive engagement, impressions or direct sales, Facebook ads are a relatively low-cost solution. With a minimum ad spend of $1 a day and an average cost per click of 40 cents, Facebook advertising is one of the cheapest options available.
- Features and Tools: Facebook has some of the most sophisticated advertising tools of any platform to date. Using their audience-targeting features, you can create core demographics, custom audience profiles and upload spreadsheets of current users to populate lookalike audiences for your business. Facebook also offers unique advertising features like boosted posts and interactive Instant Experience ads to elevate your brand above the competition.
- Community: One fundamental component of successful advertising is personalizing your brand. Unlike other platforms, Facebook offers spaces designed for community engagement. Chat with potential consumers on Community Pages, or invite customers to exclusive Facebook groups to add a personal touch to your business.
- SEO: Advertising on Facebook is a great way to boost your SEO. Facebook ads can drive users directly to your website, which increases brand and keyword visibility, core components of search optimization. Make sure to update your Facebook business page with links to your site, as well as contact information that corresponds exactly with what is displayed on Google.
Our bottom line: Don’t invest all your advertising dollars into Instagram just yet. Facebook still offers unmatched advertising solutions for small- and medium-sized businesses.
Interested in more Facebook advertising advice? Your StyleBlueprint team would love to advise you. Contact us for a consultation.