This is an example of “how can something so simple taste soooooo good!” This is the easiest recipe ever and once made, you can either eat the roasted cherry tomatoes as is, or add them to pasta, or top some zucchini noodles or make some bruschetta! It’s your choice on just how you want to divide these up but we guarantee that you will be headed to the market, or your backyard, to gather more to cook as a simple 20 minutes in the oven at high heat, with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, is magic!
- 2-3 pints of cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (if you like your cherry tomatoes more charred, go for 450 degrees)
- Place tomatoes on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and vinegar.
- Place in the upper ⅓ of your oven for 20 minutes.
- After they are removed from the oven, carefully pour (or use a turkey baster) the liquids into a bowl. Pour into a small saucepan and heat on medium-low until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Use this liquid on top of the tomatoes or use with another recipe that uses these tomatoes.
Consider using the roasted tomatoes in the following ways:
Zucchini noodles with roasted cherry tomatoes
For a full breakdown on how to make this, see our recipe here.
For a full break down on how to make bruschetta, see our recipe here.
It’s the time of year where we are busting out of the seams with tomatoes. Roasting the cherry tomatoes will add a nice variety to your recipes. Enjoy!