Chef Kevin Thompson attended the Culinary Insitute of America and cooked in the army for three years, before sharing his talents with diners at Harrah’s Casino, Paragon Casino, Isle of Capri and L’Auberge Casino Resort. He is now Executive Chef of Cadillac Mexican Kitchen & Tequila Bar, which is known for its outstanding Mexican dishes. In this dish, Louisiana meets Mexico with Cajun seasoned shrimp that is topped with avocado salsa and served in a tortilla.
Blackened Cajun Shrimp Tacos
- 1 lb. jumbo shrimp peeled & deveined remove tails if wanted
- 1 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Crumbled feta for topping optional
- 4-6 flour tortillas for serving
- 3 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 11 oz. can yellow corn, drained
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed & drained
- ½ red onion diced
- 2 avocados diced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of one lime
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized bowl, add shrimp and Cajun seasoning. Toss until coated. In a medium-sized skillet, over medium-high heat, add olive oil and shrimp. Cook for 2-3 minutes until no longer pink.
- To make the avocado salsa, add the tomatoes, corn, black beans, red onion, avocados, cilantro and lime juice to a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble the tacos by dividing the avocado salsa and topping with shrimp. Sprinkle with crumbled feta and serve immediately.