No matter if it’s Cinco de Mayo, or you’re hosting a gathering with friends or it’s a random Tuesday night, around here Mexican food always sounds good. If you’re reading this article, you likely agree. In fact, our Mexican recipes are hands down our most popular ones and that’s because they are easy, tasty and provide bang for your buck.
If you want to add some store-bought products, here are a couple of easy shortcuts to consider:
- Refrigerated guacamole definitely works in a pinch. But, if you add some fresh lime juice and fresh cilantro you may actually fool some people into thinking it’s homemade.
- Crema, instead of sour cream, is the more authentic way to go.
- Making homemade taco seasoning really is best, but hey, the packets work in a pinch.
- Rotisserie chicken can mimic fajita meat in a pinch: pull and then toss in taco seasoning mix and a little chicken broth and heat in a saucepan.
- The fresh limeade (near the fresh orange juice) works for margaritas.
- If in doubt, add fresh lime juice to just about anything and it will be better.
Now, for the recipes:
Mexican Street Corn
This recipe came about after being wowed by the corn at a local Mexican restaurant known for their authentic offerings. Corn on the cob has never tasted so good … see the full recipe here.
This one recipe blends well with just about any Mexican offering. Plus, add some cheese and it makes a delicious vegetarian dish. See the recipe here.
Laura Lea Goldberg’s Oil-Free Crock Pot Fajita Meat
Seriously, if you have not bought her cookbook, you need to. It’s amazing and filled with incredible, accessible, healthy recipes. We are big fans! Find her cookbook HERE and this recipe that she shared with StyleBlueprint HERE.
Low Cal Margaritas
We put together three low-cal margaritas and if we had to pick a favorite, it’s the grapefruit juice one. Just typing this out has me craving one. See the recipe here.
Feeding a Crowd? Taco Bar or Nacho Bar
If you are feeding a crowd, the best options are a taco bar or a nacho bar. Everyone loves tacos and nachos, but we like them our own way, right? This set up allows everyone to make their own (and compare and generally see who did it best, right?!). Click either photo below.
4 Steps for a Fun & Easy Last-Minute Party
If you are having a gathering, we have the party planned out with tips from party planning extraordinaire Amos Gott. This party uses catering from The Local Taco, but you can substitute the above recipes if you’d rather cook. See all the tips right here.
Alrighty, it’s time to eat!
Want more recipes? No worries. We have so many yummy ones … RIGHT HERE.