With the warmer months knocking at our doors, it is time to say farewell (until next year) to all the stews, warm soups, and comfort foods that help us hibernate through the cold winter months. As we shed our heavy clothes and get ready to welcome in 80 degree temps and sunshine, we also shed those heavy meals. For years, a spring and summer staple in my Mimi’s fridge has been a twist on the traditional pasta salad. It is oh-so-tasty, super easy to make, and has a hearty shelf life. Seriously, it stays good for about two weeks in the fridge! It also is a perfect addition to any bridal or baby shower table.
|Mimi’s Vermicelli Salad|
- 1 16 oz. package of vermicelli pasta
- 1/2 lb. of feta or parmesan cheese ( my Mimi actually uses cottage cheese)
- 8 oz. Italian Dressing ( we use Paul Newman’s or Zesty Italian)
- 1/4 cup mayonaise
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 2 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 8 oz. of frozen green peas (thawed)
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 15 oz. can of black olives
- Cook Pasta and Drain. Add cheese and mash thoroughly.
- Mix remaining ingredients into pasta mixture and store in fridge.
- Will keep for 2 weeks!