I think this cookie is legendary. The first time I chomped into it, I was reminded of a similar cookie called the Chocolate Cloud, which is available at Bread & Company. What’s so spectacular about the Chocolate Bliss Cookie is the way it melts in your mouth. If a cookie is so easily consumed, does that mean it is not fattening?
A great dessert for anytime of year is the Chocolate Bliss Cookie with a scoop of coffee ice cream (preferably Blue Bell from Texas) and a drizzle of homemade or store bought fudge syrup. Seriously, this is an effortless dessert, especially since the cookies can be frozen.
If you love chocolate, hide these from yourself–they are that good!
- 32 oz. Ghiradelli Chocolate
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 4c. chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop ½ of chocolate and set aside.
- Microwave remaining chocolate in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute.
- Stir until chocolate is melted.
- Add butter stir until melted.
- Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Stir in chopped chocolate and nuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake until cookies are puffy and shiny. Don't overbake. Cool on wire racks.
- Store in plastic container or freeze.
Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think.