This delicious cheesecake brownie recipe comes to us courtesy of entertaining pro Vera Stewart.
CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 ⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 1 ⁄2 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon almond extract*
- Floured baking spray
- 10 large eggs
- 5 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1 ⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 3 ⁄4 cups Hershey’s® cocoa powder
- 1 1 ⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 1 ⁄2 cups unsalted butter melted
- 2 1 ⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- With a mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese, butter, and sugar until creamy,
- about 3 minutes.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and continue to beat until well blended.
- Add in the flour and almond extract and beat until well blended. Set aside.
- To start on brownie mixture, grease a half sheet pan (13 x 18 inches), with edges, with
- floured baking spray.
- In a clean bowl, beat the eggs with a mixer on medium speed, until creamy, about 3
- Add the sugar slowly, beating thoroughly after each addition. Beat for about 3 minutes.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl very well.
- Add the flour, cocoa, and salt and beat well.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Beat just until well blended, but don't overmix the batter.
- Pour the brownie batter into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Dollop the cream cheese mixture on top of the brownie batter.
- Using a knife or metal spatula, swirl the brownie batter and the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the cream cheese mixture starts to brown slightly.
- Cool completely before cutting into 2-inch squares.
Note: Don’t be surprised at the proportion of almond extract in the cream cheese mixture. The concentration is distributed throughout the entire pan.
Tried this recipe?Rate it above to let us know how it was!