We recently stumbled across some new additions to Burt’s Bees beauty line and simply had to try them. We feel specifically drawn to this line as it is one of the few all-natural, real and healthy options on the market, and it’s been around for a while, meaning, it has staying power. All of their products are void of harmful ingredients like parabens, pthalates, SLS, petrolatum, talc, synthetic fragrances and silicones. They are never tested on animals and are both makeup artist- and dermatologist-tested. Today, we’re sharing with you six Burt’s Bees skincare and six Burt’s Bees cosmetic products we’re loving. To provide you a full and honest guide, we’ve also included three items we wouldn’t re-purchase. Read on for some ins and outs of the Burt’s Bees healthy and beauty line!
BURT’S BEES BEAUTY: SKINCARE
Burt’s Bees skincare products can be hit or miss. Here are six tried-and-true items that we recommend. Each of these provides a powerful surge of hydration, protection or treatment to both cleanse and quench winter skin.
- Micellar Water Towelettes: ($5.99) An Allure Beauty winner, these cleansing towelettes are a guaranteed great addition to your makeup removal routine. They’re formulated with White Cypress oil and honey extract to deliver hydration while effectively removing pore-clogging dirt, oil and makeup. These are great to travel with and much less intense than your average makeup removing wipe.
- Peach and Willow Bark Deep Pore Scrub: ($9.49) This unique scrub is infused with willow bark, which is a natural source of salicylic acid, an ingredient that is essential in providing a deep clean. The natural scrub removes excess oil, makeup and dirt while gently exfoliating through finely ground peach stone to reveal a smooth complexion.
- Facial Cleansing Oil with Coconut & Argan Oils: ($15.99) This cleansing oil is a must-try! It combines natural moisturizing oils, including coconut and argan to remove dirt and leave skin soft and smooth without that oh-so-annoying oily residue.
- Overnight Intensive Lip Treatment: ($8.99) Have your lips chapped and cracked this winter? Ours too, but this overnight lip treatment has been a game changer. It is intensely moisturizing, and when we apply this before bed, we wake up to soft, pillowy lips that are moisturized and shielded from the season’s harsh weather.
- Menthol & Eucalyptus Medicated Lip Balm: ($3.99) If you, like us, are obsessed with Burt’s Bees classic lip balms, this takes it to the next level. Medicated with menthol and eucalyptus, this balm nourishes and soothes lips and leaves a minty tingle.
- Intense Hydration Eye Cream: ($19.99) As one of the priciest items on the list, this hydrating eye cream packs a major punch. It is surprisingly lightweight, yet provides intense hydration to the oft-forgotten under eyes. Over time, it will help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
BURT’S BEES BEAUTY: COSMETICS
Similar to Burt’s Bees skincare, it can be difficult to know which cosmetic products are worth the purchase. These six products are a makeup minimalist’s dream. Lightweight, natural and easy-to-apply are how we would describe the following products.
- Eye Shadow Palette: ($12.99): If you like to apply a soft flush of color to the eyes without going overboard, this is the eyeshadow palette for you. We love the “Shimmering Nude” shades as they work for everyday wear. The formula is easy to apply and blend, 100% natural and resists creasing and fading.
- 100% Natural Nourishing Mascara: ($12.99) Mascara is one of the nastiest products we apply to our eyes on a daily basis. Most are filled with harmful synthetic ingredients, but this Burt’s Bees option is 100% natural. It lengthens and defines lashes and, over time, will even make lashes healthier.
- Blush and Bronzer: ($9.99) Our issue with most blushes and bronzers is that the color is too pigmented, making it almost impossible to apply a light, natural-looking amount. Burt’s Bees blushes and bronzers make it easy. They’re ultra-creamy, easy to blend, flattering, lightweight and apply evenly to provide an effortless flush of color.
- Natural Brow Pencil: ($9.99) Do you want to fill in your brows without going too bold? This 100% natural brow pencil is a great option. The creamy formula makes it easy to apply, and the natural color will make sparse brows full and flattering.
- All Aglow Lip & Cheek Stick: ($12.99) As we said, Burt’s Bees beauty line is a minimalist’s dream, and this lip and cheek stick is at the top of the list. The hydrating multi-stick gives both lips and cheeks a flattering, dewy, radiant and youthful pop of natural color. Simply dab the color on lips and cheeks for a glowing finish.
- Pomegranate Lip Balm: ($3.29) This is an SB staff favorite! It offers all of the natural hydration one expects in Burt’s Bees lip balms while also delivering a flush of natural flattering color. This is the ultimate “your lips, but better” product!
BURT’S BEES BEAUTY: PRODUCTS WE WOULDN’T BUY AGAIN
To be clear, we truly love Burt’s Bees beauty line, but there are always a few products that just don’t work out. While these didn’t work for our specific skin or purposes, they might be great for you, but we always want to be honest and share when purchases fall short. Here are three items we wouldn’t buy again.
- BB Cream with SPF 15: ($14.99) This product is meant to marry moisturizer and makeup through a sheer, lightweight, protective BB cream. Unfortunately, it left a white, oily residue on our skin that stayed sticky throughout the day.
- Brightening Daily Facial Cleanser: ($10.49) This product simply didn’t deliver. We used it for about a month and didn’t see much of a difference in our skin. Again, this product may work wonders for different skin types, though — just not ours!
- Tinted Lip Oil: ($8.99) We purchased this one thinking it would offer hydration and a sheer splash of flattering color, but it mostly slid around the lips throughout wear time and left a sticky, uncomfortable residue.
For more of the best of the South — straight to your inbox! — subscribe to StyleBlueprint HERE!