When the fall apple season is in full swing, there is no tastier way to put them to good use than this apple crisp recipe. It’s incredibly easy — only five ingredients — and it is absolutely amazing fresh from the oven with a scoop of French vanilla ice cream.
Roll up your sleeves for this one — you get to put your hands to work “squishing” the topping. Many apple crisp recipes call for a rolled oats topping, but this recipe’s topping is made of sugar, flour and butter — and the result is amazing!
Apple Crisp Recipe
- 6 apples I use Fuji — definitely use baking apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- Peel and slice the apples and fill a buttered dish (I used an 8x8)
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon and sprinkle over apples.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar with 3/4 cup flour, and combine with 1/3 cup softened butter. Squish around until consistency is like Grape Nuts. Sprinkle over the top of the apples.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 40 minutes.
But wait! There’s more! We have THREE MORE apple recipes that will knock your socks off. Click HERE!
Find more amazing recipes in our archives. Click HERE.