When Andy Marshall purchased Puckett’s Grocery in Leiper’s Fork, TN, 20 years ago, he took on more than the role of owner. He also became the pitmaster and the brains behind the restaurant’s beloved Southern recipes — one of which is his baked bean recipe, which has been a family secret — until now.
Whip up this classic summer side, and you’ll instantly understand why it’s a family favorite.
- 8 slices of uncooked bacon
- 1 medium Vidalia onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 4 jars of B&M baked beans, original
- 2 tbs. yellow mustard
- 2 tbs. ketchup
- 1 tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs. maple syrup
- 2 tbs. Puckett's Rib Rub (available at https://store.puckettsgro.com/product/pucketts-dry-spices/)
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Dice the bacon and cook in a Lodge cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Dice the onions and peppers and sauté with the bacon until onions are translucent. Mix in other ingredients and bake uncovered for 45 minutes.