These eyelashes really have no mascara on them, and no Latisse. Read through to the end of this post to see how I do it as well as how you can get them to look like this FOR FREE! This posts shows you other shortcuts to get out the door in as little as 60 seconds with a face you are proud to show off to the world. Pictures today are by the incredible Wiff Harmer.
My mornings are too rushed and I’m constantly dropping my kids off at school and rushing to a meeting, or sometimes just errands, with little to no makeup on. I don’t want to look too made up, but I do need to look fresher and more polished. I’d love some pointers.
When it comes to keeping your face looking its best, a routine is key: wash it each night and see a skin care specialist. If finding the time to see a brow specialist seems impossible, make quarterly appointments and then keep up the shape yourself. But, by taking the time to keep these appointments, you will save invaluable time each morning.
To speed up your morning routine, right after washing your face, put Vitamin C serum and eye cream on and walk away to get dressed, leaving time for these two things to soak in.
Now for your AT MOST 90 second makeup routine. Perfect for the busy person always on the go:
- Colorscience primers are amazing on their own. They even out skin tone and make your skin look great, but never “made up.” They are available at skin care centers like Trace Skin Care, Maxwell Aesthetics, and Gold Skin Care, or online. Something about this mineral primer allows me to skip powder if I so desire. Apply with your hands and just rub on. 10 seconds (really more like 8!).
- Apply concealer to your under eye area as bright eyes are what people notice the most. I like both the Bobbi Brown creamy concealer, available at Woo, as well as the new Almay smart shade anti-aging concealer which changes color to match your skin tone. But, find your personal favorite as this step is a biggie. You may need a little on the shadows on either side of your nose. Make sure this is rubbed in properly. 20 seconds
- Add a bit of bronzer, or a little blush. If you are like me you can add a little of both. Use the bronzer brush on your eyelids, bridge of your nose, forehead and chin – with a very light touch! I love the Bareminerals bronzer and the Nars, available at Cosmetic Market, and Bobbi Brown, available at Woo, blushes. 10 seconds.
- I like a little eyeliner, but it’s not an everyday for me – it may be for you. 15 seconds.
- Curl your eyelashes and brush your eyebrows into place. 20 seconds.
- A little light powder will seal the whole face and keep you looking fresh all day. I skip this step all the time but you will look better hours later if you take the time for this step. My personal favorite is MAC set loose powder as it’s not as matte as other powders. 10 sec.
- This leaves you 5 seconds if you needed to cover a pimple, which we all need to do from time to time!
“Foul!” you are screaming. What about lips and mascara?
I keep a lipgloss and lipstick in my purse and I usually put in on at a red light while driving my kids to school. My newest obsession is Plum Sugar by Fresh, but I love my Bobbi lip glosses and even the Say YES to Carrots lip butters.
For my lashes, I get my them tinted each month when I see Tracey Harris at Trace Skin Care for my microdermabrasion. I like that the tinting saturates both sides of your lashes. Tinting is $20 (but it’s free for you in September…keep reading!). If I did use Latisse, the tinting would probably last longer and my lashes would be really thick and even longer.
Trace Skin Care, #829-7198, is offering StyleBlueprint readers a special deal: make a microdermabrasion appointment at Trace Skin Care for anytime in the month of Sept and get a free lash tinting. When booking your appointment, let them know you are getting both services, but that the lash tinting is free by mentioning StyleBlueprint. Book today as September is NEXT WEEK! See if you, too, aren’t hooked! *Word of caution: after getting your lashes tinted, your eyes will look like you have liner on as well from the 100% vegetable dye used. No worries as any raccoon like feeling will go away once you are able to add some concealer under your eyes and by the next day, it is not an issue at all.
Because I get my eyelashes tinted, I don’t have to worry about mascara which is great as I’m not a fan of the way it feels. This way, I only curl my lashes and I’m out the door. Now, for an evening event, or something special, I will add mascara as it does give a more polished look.
Each Thursday we answer one question from a reader for both StyleBlueprint and the Her Q’s blog found at HerNashville.com. We also answer two questions each Tuesday just on the Her Q’s blog. Please send us your questions at: [email protected]