Books. Newspapers. Radio. Television. Internet. Social Media. With so many ways to gather news and information these days, do you really need another one? Yes. Yes, you do. You need podcasts in your life. The sheer variety and volume of available podcasts can be overwhelming. So, where do you start?
We’ve narrowed down the field by sharing our favorite small business podcasts with you below.
1. Social Pros. Keep up with the latest algorithm changes, compelling statistics and actionable case studies from a wide variety social media experts.
2. Marketing School. If you’re short on time, the Marketing School podcast is your best bet. Each daily episode is only 10 minutes long and covers topics like how to get more social followers, Facebook advertising tutorials and SEO tips.
3. The Tim Ferriss Show. Tim covers a range of topics, from inspirational interviews to productivity tips to money management. If you’re a fan of his “4-Hour” series of books, this is a great way to get your weekly dose of Tim.
4. Startup. A favorite of SB staffers, this podcast follows entrepreneurs as they try to get their businesses off the ground. While many of the companies featured aren’t necessarily small businesses, there are golden nuggets of inspiration and learnings in each episode.
5. Tiny Leaps, Big Changes. This show operates on the premise that big changes come from the tiny leaps we make each day. While it’s more focused on self-improvement, the research-backed advice covers topics such as failure, meditation and procrastination.
You can listen to podcasts on your phone’s native podcast app, or use a free app like Spotify or TuneIn to discover new favorites and stream the podcasts seamlessly. However you choose to listen, just open the app, search for podcasts and click “subscribe” to receive the podcasts in your feed as they are released.