If you’re craving some authentic (and easy-to-make) Mexican fare this weekend, we have you covered. Our friends from The Little Donkey, with locations in Nashville and Birmingham, have graciously shared three amazing recipes to get your weekend rolling. Check out the recipes below, which include a sparkling margarita, three-ingredient guacamole and three-ingredient Mexican street corn. Super easy and oh-so-tasty. Enjoy!
LITTLE DONKEY SPARKLING MARGARITA
Any proper Mexican fiesta should start with a delicious margarita, don’t you think? This recipe is a standout as the Prosecco gives it a sparkling lift.
Little Donkey Sparking Margarita
- 1 oz El Jimador tequila
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz agave simple syrup 1:1 agave nectar to water
- 4 oz your favorite Prosecco
- Garnish: lime wheel
- In a shaker measure out the tequila, lime juice and simple syrup. Add 10 cubes of ice, cover, and shake vigorously for 17 seconds. Pour into your favorite wine glass or champagne flute. Gently float the prosecco over the margarita and garnish with a lime.
Variations: Top with 1/2 oz of Pama, St. Germaine or Aperol.
LITTLE DONKEY GUACAMOLE
Fresh avocados, lime juice and kosher salt all come together for this simple side. Don’t limit your guacamole dipping options to just tortilla chips. Additional options like fresh carrots, radishes and cucumbers are also worthy of a dunk. And, obviously, you can top your morning toast with this tasty option as well.
Little Donkey Guacamole
- 1 lb of avocados
- 1 oz fl of fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- Weigh the avocados. Remove the pits and skin using a large spoon. Make sure you remove all of the flesh against the skin — this is the best part! Scoop into a bowl and add the lime juice and salt.
- Using a potato masher, lightly smash the avocados 10-12 times. Do not overdo it! If the lime or salt is not completely incorporated, use a rubber spatula to turn the paste.
- Let sit for 10 minutes at room temperature, then stir with the rubber spatula again to make sure all the salt is incorporated.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap or paper and chill.
Garnish: Pico de gallo, queso fresco, fresh radishes. Serve with fresh radishes, carrots, cucumbers, or chips.
Variations: Top with fresh grapefruit, Cotija, or mint
LITTLE DONKEY MEXICAN STREET CORN
This is the perfect side to your entrée. And given that it truly is a two-step process, this may be the easiest side dish you’ve ever made!
Little Donkey Mexican Street Corn
- 1 ear corn
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 2 tablespoon Cotija cheese
- Steam the corn for 20 minutes.
- Brush lightly with mayo until completely covered. Toss in Cotija, then sprinkle with ancho powder.
If you want even more amazing Mexican-inspired recipes, here are three articles with additional options from our archives:
- The Perfect Vegetable Recipes for Mexican Food
- Our Favorite Mexican Recipes
- Mexican Cornbread That Goes Perfect With Chili
Enjoy your weekend!
Find even more tasty recipes in our archives. Click HERE!