I love seeing all the fashion and beauty trends on the runway each season, but most of the time I’m thinking there is NO WAY I could pull that off! Spring beauty trends for 2014 include bright orange lips, white shadow/eyeliner and bold blue and green eyeshadow, which sounds a bit tricky for the typical Southern gal to wear, right? As with fashion, it’s all about picking and choosing what works best for you and what highlights your best features. Here’s a breakdown of the beauty trends we spotted on the runways and some advice on how to incorporate them into your beauty routines this season. We also enlisted the help of the beauty gurus at Gus Mayer to get their top product recommendations for this season’s looks.
Fresh, Bare-faced, Glowing Skin
Good skin is ALWAYS in season, but this year’s “no makeup” makeup focuses on well-conditioned skin with hydrated lips and clever use of concealing to achieve a warm, dewey, flawless complexion. This look is easy to pull off, but starts with your skin and how you care for it. A daily skincare routine is essential to achieving any look, as make up should accent your features, not disguise them.
Gus Mayer’s Product Recommendations:
- Clarisonic Facial and Body Skin Care Brush ($125-$225): With several different units to choose from, you can determine which is best for your needs and your budget.
- NuFace Facial Toning Device ($325): Want more lift and noticeably younger skin? This device tones facial muscles and increases circulation for more vibrant skin. This will help your skin care products and serums sink deeper into the facial tissue.
- Clarisonic Opal ($185): This sonic infusion system is perfect for anti-aging, as it helps build resilience over time.
- Bobbi Brown Bluebell or Lapis eyeshadow ($22): This silky, matte formula glides on smoothly and blends easily.
- Kevyn Aucoin Timeless lip color in Vibrant Orange ($33): A velvety-smooth, full-coverage matte finish lip color.
- Chanel Excentrique ($35): A new formula with concentrated, ultra-thin pigments that offers radically intense, long-wearing color with full coverage and a satin finish.
- Bobbi Brown White (Matte) and Snow (Metallic) eyeshadow ($22): Silky, matte powder shadow goes on smoothly and blends easily, while metallic colors combine rich, high-pigment color with intense shimmer. Each shade applies smoothly and evenly, and stays crease-free for all-day wear.
- Trish McEvoy Snow (Matte) eyeshadow ($20): This creamy, pigment-rich shadow delivers perfect depth and intensity.
- Kevyn Aucoin Expert Lip Color in Samilke ($33): The Expert Lip Color is formulated to repair age damage caused by environmental aggressors as it enhances the appearance and texture of your lips.
- Bobbi Brown Cosmic Raspberry lip color ($25): This bright, get-noticed color is lightweight, yet intense, in a long-lasting, non-drying formula that combines pigments with a clear base to deliver pure, crisp color.
- Chanel Exaltée lip color ($35): This new formula with concentrated, ultra-thin pigments offers radically intense, long-wearing color with full coverage and a satin finish.
- Trish McEvoy Sugar Plum Pink lip color ($23): Trish’s luxurious cream Lip Colors are innovatively formulated to combine color, extended long wear and lip care all in one. Lip color glides on effortlessly, instantly delivering pure supple color infused with a peptide-building complex to boost lips’ moisture levels and volume with continued wear.
- Chanel Crayon Sourcils Sculpting EyeBrow Pencil ($29): The soft, smoothly textured pencil applies easily, shapes and shades perfectly, and stays put for long-wearing, natural definition.
- Bobbi Brown Natural Brow Shaper & Hair Touch Up Gel ($22): This cream-gel formula effortlessly defines and fills in brows, while controlling and shaping them.