If you’re celebrating Labor Day with friends and enjoying a tasty meal with some adult libations, then we are here to help. Hopefully you already saw the best pimento cheese recipe we published recently, which brings a tasty snack idea to the table. In terms of libations, here we’re sharing two simple cocktail recipes, each with only three ingredients, from two beloved restaurants in 30A: FOOW (formerly Fish Out of Water) at WaterColor, and Havana Beach Bar & Grill at The Pearl Hotel. We hope you enjoy raising a toast this Labor Day. Enjoy!
2 Simple Cocktail Recipes
As its name implies, the Weekend Stroll is a light and refreshing cocktail that’s perfect for warm-weather months, making it an ideal at-home happy hour drink. It’s simple to make and can be easily modified, depending on your preference (for example, for a little more kick, add 1.5 oz. of Tito’s to the shaker, along with the St. Germain and grapefruit juice). This tastes so very Florida!
- 1 oz. St. Germain
- 2 oz. fresh grapefruit juice
- 3 oz. La Marca Prosecco
- Optional: Lemon twist for garnish
- Pour the St. Germain and fresh grapefruit juice into a shaker with ice
- Shake vigorously
- Using a strainer, strain the shaken ingredients into a coupe glass
- Top with the Prosecco
- For a little bit of extra flair, garnish with a lemon twist
- Sip and enjoy!
The Ward Eight is a classic cocktail that has withstood the test of time, dating back to the Pre-Prohibition Era. This refreshing yet simple-to-make cocktail is a great way to elevate your stay-at-home happy hours. We especially like how its simplicity allows for the flavors of the rye whiskey to delightfully carry through to your taste buds.
- 2 oz. rye whiskey
- 0.5 oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. of grenadine or cherry juice
- Optional: 0.5 oz. of orange juice for added sweetness
- Pour all ingredients into a shaker with ice
- Shake vigorously for 25 seconds
- Using a strainer, strain the shaken ingredients into a glass
- Garnish with your choice of cherries, orange peel or both
- Sip and enjoy!
Enjoy your Labor Day, friends. And remember to drink responsibly!
Find more amazing food and beverage inspiration in our recipe archives. Click HERE and start planning your next meal.