I don’t know about you, but for me it’s a struggle every morning to get my three kids ready and out the door for school (on time!) while getting ready for my work day. I’m embarrassed to admit that it’s often Jimmy Dean or Aunt Jemima who feeds my kids before they head off for a day of learning. This year I’m making an effort to get some more nutritious meals on the table, and this breakfast pizza recipe has been a definite hit for all my kids. And as an added bonus, it’s something I enjoy, too! Make the hard boiled eggs ahead of time and store them in their shells and they will last about a week. Play around with ingredients to keep things interesting.
Don’t feel guilty if frozen food and boxed cereal are your family’s go-to staples, but adding in an easy, mostly make-ahead recipe might be just what’s in order to get some healthy, nutritious fare on your plate!
- 4 English muffins, toasted bread or ready made pizza crust
- tomato slices
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- shredded mozzarella
- kosher salt
- Try add-ons like cooked spinach or kale, leftover cooked veggies or any other pizza/kid-friendly topping.
- Slice hard-boiled eggs (cooking hard boiled eggs not figured into cook time as assuming they are already made!).
- Toast 8 English-muffin halves, bread or pizza crust and place on a cookie sheet. (part of prep time)
- Drizzle each muffin half with olive oil, then layer on tomato slices, hard-boiled egg slices, and a little grated mozzarella. Sprinkle with oregano and kosher salt.
- Broil 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.