Do you consider yourself a local? Or are you searching for the perfect spot to give visitors a taste of the local flavor? Whether you’ve been here for 25 years or 25 minutes, Birmingham’s booming food and social scene is growing so fast, there is always something new and exciting to uncover. So, we’ve created the ultimate table of contents for those looking to maneuver the Magic City like a local. Eat, play, drink, shop and even talk like a Birminghamian with this list of resources. Bookmark this guide and pull it up whenever you’re stuck on a restaurant choice, where to escape from the rain or hoping to hunt down the perfect gift. Here is your local’s guide to Birmingham!
We produce so much local content at StyleBlueprint, it’s easy to have trouble hunting it all down! This guide is a handy way to access all of our best articles that keep you in the know for eating, shopping, and loving Birmingham!
Eat & Drink Like a Local
One of the most exciting additions to the Iron City is our ever-growing food scene. From new restaurants to the iconic ones we miss and everything in between, here are the best ways to eat and drink like a local!
- 9 New Birmingham Restaurants to Check Out This Fall
- Get Your Chopsticks Ready for Birmingham’s Best Sushi
- The Best Thanksgiving Takeout in Birmingham
- Your Ultimate Guide to The Pizitz Food Hall
- 8 Birmingham Rooftops to Visit
- Birmingham’s Best Ice Cream Joints and Popsicle Stands
- Taste the World Along the Green Springs Corridor
- Birmingham’s Best Happy Hours
- 3 New Birmingham Food Trucks to Try
- Your Ultimate Guide to Birmingham’s Farmers Markets
- Your Ultimate Guide to Birmingham Patio Dining
- 12 Alabama Food Makers to Keep Your Eye On
- Birmingham’s Best Neighborhood Coffee Shops
- The Best Breakfast in Town? Start Here!
- Birmingham’s Craft Breweries: The Little Engines That Could
- Iconic Birmingham Dishes Everyone Should Experience
- The Secret Menu at the Great Wall Chinese Restaurant
- 5 Latin American Eateries to Try
Shop Like a Local
Forgo the mall and shy away from online shopping by visiting any of Birmingham’s local shops. Not only will these spots provide you with one-of-a-kind clothing, home decor and gifting pieces, they’ll also support the local economy and aid in the continuance of Birmingham’s growth.
- The Best Women’s Boutiques in Birmingham
- Where Birmingham Boutique Owners Love to Shop Around Town
- The Best Home and Gift Stores in Birmingham
- The Best Places to Shop for Men in Birmingham
- 3 Downtown Birmingham Boutiques We Love
- The Best Bridal Shops in Birmingham
- Local Chefs’ & Restaurateurs’ Favorite Culinary Hostess Gifts
- The Best Jewelry Stores in Birmingham
- 5 Top Home & Fashion Trends and Where to Find Them Locally
Explore Like a Local
There are plenty of fun and unique activities to try in Birmingham, you just need to know where to look! Here’s a definitive list of what to do, rain or shine, for a date night, to explore the city’s exciting districts or to reconnect with nature.
- 47+ Ways to Spend a Rainy Day in Birmingham
- 12 of Birmingham’s Best Parks & Trails
- Our Top 10 Places to Take Out-of-Town Guests During the Holidays
- Love in the Magic City: Fantastic Birmingham Date Ideas
- 10 Free Things To Do in Birmingham
- Birmingham’s ‘Central Park’: Nearly 100 Years in the Making
- Auburn vs. Alabama: Your Ultimate College Town Visitor’s Guide
- The Healthiest Way to Spend a Weekend in Birmingham
- 21 Birmingham Street Murals You Must See
- Your Itinerary for a Perfect Saturday in Pepper Place Entertainment District
- 29 of the Most Instagrammable Spots in Birmingham
Live Like a Local
Birmingham’s neighborhoods are full of character! Whether you’re in the market for a new place to call home or simply searching for ways to get to know the Magic City, these neighborhood guides contain all you need to know. Take a look and plan a Saturday exploring one of these towns – you never know what you can find!
- 5 Reasons to Visit Downtown Birmingham
- What to Do in Avondale, the “Ham’s” Hippest Haven
- Second Avenue North: Where Creativity Meets Diversity
- A Guide to West Homewood: An Idyllic Neighborhood with Great Eats
- Let’s Visit Leeds: Creativity Blooms Amid Small-Town Charm
- Your Guide to Cahaba Heights
- Forest Park: A Historic City Enclave with Funky Art & Tasty Eats
- Old Town Helena: A Day of Boutiques and Eats!
- Escape to the Gorgeous Town of Mt Laurel
- Where to Find Fresh Flowers in Birmingham
- A Day in Crestwood North: Where to Eat, Shop & Play
- Bluff Park: Hoover’s 150-Year-Old Mountain Town
- The Preserve at Moss Rock: Where Southern Style, Fresh Eats & Untouched Nature Meet
- Shoal Creek: An Idyllic Birmingham Enclave 40 Years in the Making
- Your Complete Guide to Five Points South
Talk Like a Local
Don’t get caught sounding like a tourist! Follow these guides to make sure you’re up on your Birmingham history, fun facts and lingo …
- Cheap Thrills: Locals Share 13 Clever Life Hacks & Cheap Tricks
- QUIZ: Are You a True Birmingham Foodie?
- The Magic City Comeback: How it Happened & What’s on the Horizon for Downtown Birmingham
- 10 Surprising Birmingham Facts We Bet You Didn’t Know
- Hidden History of Vulcan, the Magic City’s Iconic Iron Man
- ‘Can’t Never Could’ & 100+ Other Clichés That Will Make You Laugh
- Colors Come Alive: Local Artists’ Amazing Works of Art
- Reviving Fourth Avenue: Past, Present & Future
Now get out there and live like a local!
Want the best of everything local? Download our SB App. It’s FREE!