Tavern at Bobby is a delicious Music City destination. If you prefer to stay in but still crave this delicious pork chop dish, the folks at Tavern have generously shared the recipe. Bon appetit!
Sorghum Glazed Pork Chop
- 4 each thick cut double bone-in pork chops 3/4 to 1lb each
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons coarse ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat a grill to medium.
- Brush chops with olive oil on a baking sheet and coat generously with salt and pepper. Place the chops directly over the flame and grill until marked and slightly charred on the first side (3-5 minutes). Turn chops.
- Brush grilled side with sorghum mop then repeat on the opposite side. Once chops are marked and slightly charred on both sides move to a cooler section on the grill and turn heat down slightly letting the chops cook through and internal temperature is between 130-145 degrees (15-20 minutes). During this final cooking process brush occasionally with sorghum mop on both sides.
- Before serving, let the chops rest for 15 minutes, this will allow the chops to continue cooking and retain natural juices and moisture.
Find more delicious dishes in our recipe archives. Click HERE!